iPad Is Tree really too hard? Really???

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vopt, Nov 11, 2008.

1. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I can't believe the reviews it's getting.

What you you think?

Dave

2. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

I personally beat it. :)

3. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    The original version was hard

I picked this up when it was first released. And I found it very hard. The balls moved at a very fast speed and would just roll around and around and around even when I put my iphone down flat on a table and stopped moving it.

I did see that the developer quickly updated Tree to make it easier. I haven't tried it again (I was waiting until a more "Christmasy" moment) so I can't comment on the most recent version. If it has been made easier then maybe those reviews were left by people who used the first version?

4. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Please give the new one a try, it's still free. I took out the non-moving balls and made the collisions a little softer. It does take some patience and a steady hand, but that's the idea.

Thanks!
    Dave

5. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    Arf!

i tried it maybe i got lucky but i beat it in like 20sec. but the kids love it i think ill keep on my phone through Christmas thanks :)

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Tree? Link please.

7. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    It seems to be incompatible with my 1st Generation iPod. WTH?

8. ShibaChica

ShibaChica Member

Nov 4, 2008
    I wouldn't know

I downloaded your game and tried to download it but found out the hard way that you have set it so it is incompatible with my lowly first gen iPod Touch.

~SC

9. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    #9 snow_mani, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
    Really easy now!

So I put Tree back onto my iphone and had another go. The changes have made it really easy now! Didn't find it hard this time around.

I liked how the rest of the decorations appeared on the Tree when you won the game... And the metallic sound the balls made as they hit each other. But have to ask what 'Arf' means? I'm guessing it means no... [Edit: OK, I selected Arf and now get it!]

10. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    Link for Tree: http://appshopper.com/lifestyle/tree .

@vopt: Maybe you could add different levels of difficulty and have the user decide if he wants to try to beat the easy, medium, or difficult level. So those who want it to be more challenging can decide a more difficult level. :D