Is there anything like Motherload for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jorlen, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Is there anything sort of like motherload for the iPhone? For those of you who haven't played it, here's a video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQvd3D_euI

I don't care if it's not exactly like it, but similar in terms of gameplay, i.e collecting stuff, leveling up, planning your resources, etc. Is there any game like it on the app store?

On another note, it would be awesome if a dev picked up on this idea and coded a clone. I mean, tons of other flash games have received numerous clones. Is it because Motherload wasn't all that popular? How many of you guys have played / enjoyed it?

2. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Motherlode is awesome! I'd play that all the time during keyboarding class!
    As far as i know, no, there isn't anything like that on the iphone. Would be an awesome port, though.

3. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't recall seeing any games like this. And to answer your question, a clone might not be very successful if Motherload was not very popular. Unless it's cheap. However, I wouldn't mind getting a clone.

4. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA

is that your video? that guy is hilarious... i haven't heard of that game but i laughed the whole time

5. LizArd

LizArd Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Hmm I do remember seeing games like this in appstore. Not the same theme but the things you mentioned were there - collecting stuff, planning resorces etc. Can't remember any names though :/

6. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    There is [app]Miners[/app]. Never played it, but I don't think it'll live up to your expectations.

Only game that comes to mind though.

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

motherload was awsome

8. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    No no heh, that's not me, it's the first video I foudn that showed what the game was lol

9. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i talked with Xgen Studios:

I did a search for any clones, and can't seem to find any...
    when i do, I will be sure to grab it, cause i think it would be amazing for the iphone....for some reason the game is so addicting....even just to see how deep you can drill

10. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    i would love motherload for iphone an instabuy for me

11. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It appears the video for Motherload has been removed. Here's a link to the actual game, however: Motherload. I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight.

12. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    even if it was......one million dollars!

13. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Isn't there a game called goldminer or something like that, similiar to motherload? It's either a dollar or 2 I believe.

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    There is California Gold Rush from Digital Chocolate coming out in the near future:

15. mek

mek Well-Known Member

Cali gold rush does look intriguing, i think i will pick it up....its not motherload per say...but it will do

i think one of the things that i liked about motherload was ..instead of a fixed energy per level...you have fuel, and you could only go so far...you could upgrade your machine, your fuel tank etc...so you could go deeper...

but i will def. pick up Cali gold Rush

16. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    "I Dig It" = Motherload for the Iphone

Motherload might be my favorite flash game of all time. Just found I Dig It for the iphone. It is amazing.

17. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Yea, I Dig It looks like a great Motherload clone

18. patoalvalc

patoalvalc Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I Dig It is exactly the same as Motherload I've played both and I think you will like it, its almost the same

19. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Yes, I Dig It is definitely something you should try out...and there is a Lite version:

I Dig It

I Dig It Lite

20. mattiga14

mattiga14 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    i know a game like motherload

the game is called i dig it it is on the top ten most sold apps. it is just like motherload but it doesn't have a good saving system.