Is there any way to cancel an app download?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by csklimowski, Nov 18, 2010.

1. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    So today I started downloading the lite version of Hero of Sparta 2, and for a few minutes, everything was fine. However, something must've gone wrong, because the progress bar has been stuck at about 25% for an hour. I have tried turning off WiFi, rebooting, syncing, going into safe mode, and canceling all processes, but the white "loading..." icon is STILL THERE! Is there any way to get rid of it without restoring my iPod?

2. nachoslocos

nachoslocos Active Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Yes. You have to wait it out, though. It happens to my bro's iPhone 4 often lately. Mine clear after a reboot.

3. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Do you leave WiFi on or off? Also, do you leave your device in sleep mode, or keep it in use?

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    If you're talking about an app download on the iDevice (downloading over Wifi straight to the device), then no... I have never been able to find a way to cancel those downloads, and that sucks a lot. :\

Rebooting does nothing, turning Wifi on and off does nothing. Ugh. So annoying.

If you're talking about a download on the computer, then I've got nothing :(

5. nachoslocos

nachoslocos Active Member

Nov 17, 2010
    On his iPhone 4 it happens randomly, but more often than not. He has to wait it out. For me it happens when an app is downloading and my device auto-locks at the same time. I just reboot without disabling or doing anything else. He's not jailbroken, I am. I also have multitasking disabled, but run backgrounder. If that has anything to do with it at all. Not sure...

6. abbad0n

abbad0n Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Haven't had this exact problem, but would plugging in your iDevice to connect to iTunes and then removing the app (via iTunes) in next sync, then adding it back work?