Is there an app to keep track of your video games

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Ooo...shiny, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Ooo...shiny

Ooo...shiny Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Chemist
    Bay Area
    I was wondering if anyone knew about any apps in the app store that you can use to catalog what games you own, for say like the nintendo ds, and/or what up coming games you want?
    I have tried searching, but to no avail. I thought i saw one a while ago but i cant remeber the name.

2. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    It's called pen and paper

3. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #3 darkhorse, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
    Nevermind... Do what everyone suggested.

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I was gonna say the notes app but didnt want to be rude, but since you started it off then i guess i will.

The notes app.

5. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
  6. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    #6 hkiphone, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
    It's called Notepad. :p
    Just kidding. I also fancy something that could automatically log down what I downloaded, when, and for how much. Then allow 'reports' to be viewed like # downloads per month, $ per month which could help us budget our spending.
    But then again, this could only be done with direct authentication into YOUR App Store account (something Apple might consider as privacy violation), or by monitoring what's installed onto your iPhone (which cannot be done as apps are sandboxed).

Any devs that could provide some insight into whether these barriers are surpassable?

Edit: LOL!!! I guess I'm not the only one who thought that, haha! I'm getting old... can't get First Post anymore... :p

7. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Okay, do what the above posters suggest then....

8. i just use a .txt file on my computer lol

if i need a calendar alarm i use my phone

9. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Delicious Library is Mac only but will do films, games, etc.

On the iPhone, no idea.

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Abut time to write one? Say, you manually enter the apps you have d/l and like Appsniper which get all the info from Apps Store. Tracking update would be, hey, causes "duplicates in current functionalities"...

Just an idea.

11. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Try PocketPedia — and it's free too.

PocketPedia — iTunes Link

PocketPedia — AppShopper Link

12. ThinkCenter

ThinkCenter Member

Jan 30, 2009
    You need an app to keep track of your apps ? How would you keep track of the tracking app ?

13. KeyBcodeR

KeyBcodeR New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    DVD Dashboard - $1.99 @ The AppStore

You can use DVD Dashboard ($1.99 @ AppStore) to keep track of movies and video games. That's the app I've been using since it came out. It also gives you different Genres that can be apply to games, as well as Alphabetical Order. I will make a review about it, check my YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/keybcoder for a lot of iPhone/iPod touch useful videos, games and apps reviews! See ya' and I hope you like it if you get it.

14. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Get a different app to track tracking app number 1, and use tracking app number 2 to track tracking app number 1. That way both tracking apps are being tracked by at least 1 tracker. :D

15. Ooo...shiny

Dec 2, 2008
    Chemist
    Bay Area
    Not apps, video games. Like for the DS, Wii, PSP, PS3. So I can share it with my friends at school.

16. Ooo...shiny

Dec 2, 2008
    Chemist
    Bay Area
    Thank you for actually understanding the question, unlike so many others, and thank you for the info. That's what I was looking for.

17. JoNJoN

JoNJoN Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Gotta love how some people can be when you just need a little help. There's another program called iOwn. It was on sale over the holidays for $2.99 but I don't know the cost now. You can inventory basically anything electronic you own. The nice thing about it is that you can get as detailed as you want regarding info for each item you enter and you can use your own images for each item whether you download them from google or use your iPhone camera.

I tried pocketpedia but it was too basic. It also depends upon Amazon for item descriptions and images. I have a few games that didn't come up as a result of this. Haven't tried DVD dashboard yet, might have to look that one up.

18. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Or you could try Itemshelf. It's free and works well! I use it to keep track of my VAST library of books.

19. seejayess

seejayess New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Retired
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    If you've got a Mac you need to sync Pocketpedia with the DVDpedia app and it's very comprehensive:) - $18
    http://www.bruji.com/dvdpedia/

20. Joesgirl6708

Joesgirl6708 New Member

Dec 28, 2011
    There is now

icollect video games pro lets you catalog all of your video games for pretty much any console. It was $2.99 for iPhone.