iPad Is there a price point where you don't even bother to look?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by blue ox, Feb 15, 2009.

?

What is your "don't bother" price point?

1. FREE

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. $0.99

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. $1.99

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  4. $2.99

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. $3.99

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. $4.99

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. $5.99

13 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. $6.99

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. $7.99

9 vote(s)
    8.2%
  10. I will look at anything no matter what the price.

68 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    #1 blue ox, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
    Hi All,

I was wondering if there is some price point for you that when you see the price in iTunes that you just keep on scrolling and don't even bother to look at the App description? or will you investigate anything that looks interesting no matter what the price?

I'm not talking about a price point for any specific app, or "if it's good enough, then I will look". I mean the price point where you don't even bother to look at it, so you'll never know if it's good enough.

Share and enjoy,

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    11.99-999.99;)

3. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    there are some apps that are priced even more than 20 bucks. i don't even bother to look what they are. but games? nah, good game is priceless.

4. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I think if it's over $9.99 it gives me more of reason to check it out...

5. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    games or apps? with what game have you had this astounding experience :confused:

6. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Don't really care what the price is if im having a look, although looking at something doesn't mean I'm interested in it. Like that expensive Poker game, I looked, but I don't even know how to play Poker :)

7. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    I cant help myself i check out any app and if i notice a high price im a sucker to investigate further.

8. mkrishnan

mkrishnan Active Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I think I actually do the opposite (for games only) -- unless it attracts a lot of attention, I ignore almost all free games (I've installed a few but Aurora Feint is the only major exception that got significant gameplay) and have never paid for a game that cost less than $5.99 (I think... in any event almost all the paid games I have launched at $9.99 although some of them I bought after price drop). If there were a premium games section, I probably would only pay attention to a game outside that section if it got a lot of positive press.

9. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I did the calculations once.

My price point for an AppStore application is $562.97.

I absolutely refuse to spend more on a single application.

10. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I haven't bought an App over $5 yet so I think that's my limit. I'd rather spend my money in Xbox games instead.

11. Alichan

Alichan Guest

When the app store opened, I promised myself 'only free apps Alichan, only free apps', which of course was a rule just waiting to be broken:eek: Then, I thought 'I'll just indulge once in a while in a good quality game'.....yeah right! Before I knew it I was downloading games of all price ranges like there was no tomorrow...hey ho:)

12. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

This is fairly pointless. I haven't bought any game over $9.99, and no app over $15.99. Take a few guesses.

13. Alichan

Alichan Guest

When the app store opened, I promise myself 'only free apps Alichan, only free apps', which of course was a rule just waiting to be broken:eek: Then, I thought 'I'll just indulge once in a while in a good quality game'.....yeah right! Before I knew it I was downloading games of all price ranges like there was no tomorrow...hey ho:)

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I usually go by the game title first.....if its an obvious girlie type or little 2yr olds game then I'll pass but usually check out a game no matter on price because have found some prices are irrelevant to the actual game and will see it go up/down later so because of this it doesn't have much of a bearing to me and also I like to have all the game info for future reference in case of a price drop/free.

15. Alichan

Alichan Guest

No, don't tell me you haven't tried out Diner Dash:eek: It's a really good multi-tasking game, and the girliness doesn't bother me one bit. Give it a go:)

16. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Should have had an option in the poll for like "10.99+"

I won't look at everything, but my limit is not $7.99.....so not area for me to submit a vote.

17. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    $5 is seriously encroaching on my impulse buy limit. (although I just bought Ancient Frog AND Dapple.) Above $5 I'll have to evluate for a while. My most "expensive" apps are Instapaper, Tetris, Rolando and Edge. I have stayed away from Beejive at $15.

18. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    I will look at any game, no matter the price. But wether or not I will purchase it depends on if the price is reasonable.

PS: 1 more post until senior member! Yay :D

19. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    lol. exact same thing for me. i said that i would only get free apps, no matter what. after a couple of months, i read all these reviews for how great rolando was, how it was the super mario for the iphone. it really appealed to me, and i thought it would be my only bought game. then a while later i got snail mail, after all, it was only 1.99 and got incredible reviews. then i bought hydrotilt, and up there, and it just kept going and going. now i hardly even look at free apps:)

20. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to the Club