iPad Is there a good RPG coming out?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by timber, Nov 24, 2008.

1. timber

timber New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I know that many developers read this forum. Is anybody working on a Might & Magic style RPG? I think the iPhone/iPod Touch platform is ideal for this type of game. I would love to see something like this, and there currently ISN'T anything that seems to fit the bill. Long play, randomly generated maps and weapons and enemies, parties, quests, etc...

Would anybody else like to see this?

2. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Old school

I would love to see an old retro RPG ---like Bard's Tale .....even an old hack and slash like DIABLO would work well and make BLIZZARD(tm) more money.....what if FATE could be ported! Would that not be nice?

3. housewarmer

housewarmer Member

Nov 24, 2008
    That's the exact thing I'm working on. Don't hold your breath though, this is just a side project for now and I've only just started on art, let alone code.

Hopefully somebody else will make a great RPG sooner or later.

4. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
  5. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    I have plans to make one too my plans is a mix between a 3DLands of lore (for the core gameplay and stroyline) with 1112 like graphics..
    it may take a while through, i'll do it as a side project while working on differents episodes of 1112...

6. flyingflettner

flyingflettner New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Hm i have a good idea

why not just bring out all pokemon games. just port them to iphone. is not that hard, worked on hacked ipod touch/iphone. also what about harry potter gameboy version. Super mario would be cool. Donkey Kong country, sonic, final fantasy, legend of zelda. any of these would be superb. especially pokemon. would play it even with the crappy graphics from GBC/GBA cos that is its charm

7. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Funny, Nintendo would never do any of that! lol

8. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    OR... You could release 1112. What ever happened to this game?Is it still in development?

9. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    Pilot episode is finished and it went to approval yesterday!:)
    Expect The trailer and a new website this week (don't know how many time it takes for approval , but since there are a lot of things to check in the game it can takes longer than regular games)

10. thor0298

thor0298 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    thanks for the update aghartastudio... i am eagerly awaiting this one.. another one that i think will be good is crystal defenders