iPad Is the UK Version of Vay good?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DanM, Dec 24, 2008.

1. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    #1 DanM, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    I wanted an Rpg for my iTouch and heard about Vay. I tried searching these forums, but the word is too short and it won't let me.

TheRe was an updated version of Vay that came out after US version right? Could anyone tell me if I should buy this? Or is there some other fun RPG?

2. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I have Vay and I really haven't gotten into the game yet. I just bought Chronicles of Inotia the other day and I haven't been able to put it down. It's $3 more than Vay, but worth it. Vay just couldn't keep my attention for long, while Inotia has.

I love Chronicles of Inotia and I think you should get it. Make sure to check a review on YouTube or something before you get it, though. It may or may not be the type of game you want.

It's a great game, though. :)

3. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    If you like RPGs this is the game to get for your iphone. The update fixed some issues with items and weapons not having descriptions and such. It's lots of fun.

4. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Vays really good!
    They came out with version 2.0 (?) which makes it better. Its fun although im stuck on this one part...

5. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    I hope 2009 becomes the "Year of the iPhone RPGs", I want more solid releases!

6. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    #6 Chiller ONE, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
    Just keep in mind that Vay is a "regular" rpg, while Chronicles of Inotia is more action oriented.

7. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

You seem to be forgetting that the App Store has been live for barely 6 months. 2009 will be a great year for iPhone gaming period, as it will be the first full year. Can't wait for a iPod Touch 3G next year. Getting it same day, new features or not.

8. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Ah good, I want something with a good story.

Never tried an RPG other than the Pokemon games :)
    Was looking for a game that would last me a while, and had some type of story to it.

Thanks for help, I'll have something to play on a visit to my Grandmas house tonight :(

9. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    true, with all the games out it seems like its been longer than 6 months

10. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    no problem, it's a turn based RPG with a story, so if you like it definitely go back to the playstation 1&2 (if you have one) and check out some more

11. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Yea and the year of platformers :p

12. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    Yup, many games out hopefully :)
    Probably will be alot coming in January, as Apple might not have time to accept them this year.

Also Zenric, have you played Vey? Did you like it?

13. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    true, I'd love a megaman-ish game

14. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    I'm in the middle of playin' it now and I'm really enjoyin' it

15. sdragon

sdragon Active Member

Jul 16, 2008
    The UK version is the same as the US version.

If you like RPGs, I recommend it. :)

16. iago

iago Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Long Island, New York
    I'd give my vote of approval for Vay as well. The game just grows on you the more you play it. The dialogue is actually pretty funny in places too.

17. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Seems Im the only one who thinks Vay is garbage.

WhileI can`t vouch for the UK, if there:s a difference, I can say the version I bought offers shallow and repetitive gameplay, even for a jrpg. Spells that cost more seem to do less damage than spells that cost less, the only difference between enemies seems to be HP (as opposed to skills), and while I only got like 3 or 4 hours into it, it seemed like a cheap FF knockoff where you go from one point to the other trying to get an item with no real variety.

I`d guess that if you`re a fan of the genre, you`ve probably already got other games, even if they`re not iPhone ones. I`d hold out until something better comes along.

Unless you need it.

It`s not horrible, in fact, it works well as an app, never had any problems with it (it crasjhed like twice). But it`s not a good game.

18. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Well, it is a pretty old JRPG. It was released in the early '90s for Sega CD. The iPhone/Touch version is pretty much a port, slightly upgraded, but still a port.

19. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    That's a great way to put it. That's completely right