Is the "novelty" effect of the App Store wearing off?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, Jan 2, 2009.

?

Has the novelty with the App Store worn off.

1. Yes, completely, it bores me now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, not at all

39.1%
  3. Partially, it doesn't excite me as much at it used to

47.8%
  4. I see the iPhone as more PSP like, the games are good, but nothing too exciting

13.0%
  1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

It been about 6.5 months since its introduction, and I want to know. Has the excitement, the pizazz, worn off of the App Store and the games in it. Has the App Store begun to bore you, or alternatively has it turned into a PSP type feel, where the games are good, but there is no real excitement. I also decided with no exciting upcoming games in the immediate future, it would be a good time. For me, the App Store still excites me, and I still play quite a few games on my iPod (well almost 148 currently), but really, it doesn't have the real feel that it did at first. WWDC got me fired up and excited, but now, I get a new game every so often, and play it.

2. Things have progressed now for sure. The novelty factor has worn off for me now, and I have stopped buying all the cheap tat and downloading every free game I see. Now I go for games that only really interest me. Luckily we now have some quality games available (although I still want a proper Rally game- ARGHHH!)

3. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I have to agree with wastedyuthe in that I too have stopped downloading every free app just for the sake of trying it. I know it's going to be crap and have stopped with my hope/wishful thinking.
    I'm also much more picky with my purchases. There are some quality games out there but competition is stiff...

At the same time, I'm still addicted to looking on a daily basis hoping for that special app... :)

4. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    What pisses me off the most is some idiot decides to release a "Call Dad" app that is supposed to be a one-touch dialer... then makes another for "Call Mum", and then even worse goes into NAMES! "Call David", "Call Mary", "Call John".... one for each f^%&ing name.... I mean, how many of these "apps" do we need???? I no longer feel proud to say that App Store has been so successful with over 10,000apps, when over half of them are really REALLY stupid things like these. Grrr...