Is the new Mac Pro better than the previous Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Green Tea, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    I am going to buy a new computer and want to know if any of you have the new Mac Pro. It is much more expesive here in China but I will buy it if the screen is clearer and it has some other better features. I am not a big fan of the touch function tap, I like the keys because I think there will be less problems with them. Any help would be appreciated

2. Green Tea

Green Tea Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Sorry to see that no one here has the experience with both the new Mac Pro and the previous Mac Pro to give me some of their feeling about the clarity of the screen and any other features. Saying that is there a place I can get some information

3. MadeOfDinosaurs

MadeOfDinosaurs Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Videogame Developer
    UK
    Guessing you mean the MacBook Pro, not the desktop Mac Pro? :)

If you google 'MacBook Pro 2015 vs 2016' you should get quite a few comparrison reviews.

The screens are the same I believe.
    The new computer is a -tiny- bit smaller and lighter.
    The new one has a slightly improved cpu/gpu too- as you'd expect, but it seems most of the effort has gone into efficiency, so it runs cooler/quieter rather than lots faster.

The selection of ports have changed, but you probably know that just looking at the descriptions.

If it helps, I've just gone for an old one- as it's still very fast and will do everything I need, but as you say, much cheaper.

4. alex_p

alex_p Well-Known Member

Yes its going to be better for sure.