Is Pocket God Racist?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Firestar, Apr 30, 2009.

?

Is Pocket God racist?

1. No, people are overreacting, don't change a thing

145 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. Yes, it's racist, and they should do something about it!

16 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. They're overreacting, but PG should be changed to please them.

10 vote(s)
    5.8%
  1. gblan

gblan Active Member

Oct 28, 2008

Pretty much sums is all up right here, can't be put much better. When all the crying little weenies figure this out maybe they'll shut up.

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Nope, that is not enough to shut me up. There are very good reasons Caucasians are not classified as a visible minority.

3. qUAntUm k

qUAntUm k Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    some days i feel compelled to pass judgment...

but do not...

and there it ends...

4. mmadden2

mmadden2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Good grief.

Don't dogs get taken out in Wolfenstein 3D? What's taking PETA so long to hold a rally? It's been out for 20 years now, hasn't it? :)

It's the age old saying, however that goes...

You can please some of the people all of the time,
    and all of the people some of the time,
    but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

5. Noah

Noah Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Male
    Development Manager
    Atlanta, GA
    I played a game once called Grand Theft Auto that was worse than Pocket God... although, it didn't do very well in sales, so you've probably never heard of it.

6. Tharob

Tharob Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    none
    Heerenveen, The Netherlands
    already other thread and now PG isnt racist adn those that say it is are just a bunch of whiny babies

7. kzgreg

kzgreg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I'm sure after this post it WILL be considered racist. no blaming the poster, it's just how people are.

Also, the 3rd choice in the poll should read:

They're overreacting, but PG WILL be changed to please them. Because people are over sensitive whiners.

8. yacoub

yacoub Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Besides, they could just call it a historic tribal religion simulator and be perfectly fine. :D

9. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I already said that ALL of us are, at least, a bit racist.
    Me first.

But then you told me that this logic doesn't work because fat and thin are not a race... ok, I agree... :)

Ok, but now you're telling me I'm racist because I don't feel like to talk to a person that consider black, white and Asians a "race".

Well, you don't consider fat and tall a race, but you consider the people that make difference between Asians, black and white a "race"?

I accepted to follow your logic, but you're the first one who break it now... :)

I quit it here because it's ridiculous to talk about racism for Pocket God :)
    If THIS is racism, then I really wonder if you've ever heard about real racism stories...

10. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    If you find Pocket God racist yours a ****ing over sensative moron. This is just pathetic. Why don't people complain about games that are actually racist like...oh I don't know...RESIDENT EVIL 5?!?! Saying Pocket God is racist just shows how stupid the world has gotten. Honestly this is pathetic.

11. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I would suggest to make these little pigmeis look like me.
    I promise I won't complain.

So please, if the dev wants to know how I look like, please send me a pm and I'll provide him a well detailed photo of my face.

Any kind of person can feel free to torture me.
    I hope white people from greek, italian, spanish, japanese islands won't complain because then I look like them...

Then we should put aliens on that little virtual tropical island, hoping aliens won't write an article about how racist humans are...

12. LOZLINK

LOZLINK Member

Apr 14, 2009
    How is RE5 racist in any way?
    Jesus christ.

13. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    It's not IMO but awhile back everyone on certain gaming websites was complaining about how it was "racist" so I used that.

14. Jaytee

Jaytee Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I think the article brings up a very good point that pacific island culture is /constantly/ marginalized and served up heaping with stereotype. Nobody ever seems to care—and it happens a lot.

I really found it surprising that so many people on here would vote that people are overreacting—I expected you people to be just a little more compassionate.

15. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    so are you telling me that if they had made there be white pygmys that were getting beat up, there wouldn't be any problems?

and someone mentioned adding white pygmys... but what now, do they have to add black pygmys and asian pygmys and hispanic pygmys too? holy crap, it doesn't matter. This game is no more racist than any console game that has you shooting anyone who isn't white.

why is shooting white people ok in a videogame, but shooting anyone else isn't? it just doesn't make sense...

and no, I don't think PG is racist.

16. gblan

gblan Active Member

Oct 28, 2008

You're still wrong and the point's concept still holds. Do black watchgroups groups who cry foul at slightings of the black community cry out equally as loud when latinos are similarly disparaged? Rarely, if ever. When asians are ridiculed in some gross manner do native american advocates come running to their defense? Doubtful. I dont give a flying fart what color a person is, if you're gonna play the race card then apply it equally not just when it suits your argument. Caucasians not "visible minorities" eh? Tell that to the Bosnian community in St. Louis.

17. jwr94

jwr94 Well-Known Member

i agree!!!!!!

18. LOZLINK

LOZLINK Member

Apr 14, 2009
    It's pathetic what people cry about. Since Gta is a stupid example since its a game with all different cultures, how come no one cried about resident evil 4 when you were killing spaniards? Why is that RE5 was such a big deal when its about blacks. Even worse, Playing through the game now, i'm encountering more white people than black people. It doesn't make any sense at all. People have to accept that games are made to be fun and no one actually specifically wants to kill a certain culture.

19. Jaytee

Jaytee Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Are you people seriously saying this?
    "I'm white and I don't care if people make fun of white people—therefore other people shouldn't get offended when it's their race."

Did any of you ever stop to consider that it just might have to do with the hundreds and hundreds of years of abuse white people have inflicted on others? You don't think others have just the right to be just a little ticked off about this?

There is a tradition of racism in this country—I think minorities should be way more sensitive to depictions of race than caucasians. White people don't have to worry about the possibility that we as a nation are backsliding into hate. Why? Because white people are still in charge.

Islander communities have had to put up with far more than their fair share of stereotype and racism. Why shouldn't they have a right to be upset about their depiction in the media? So you can play your little game? You don't think that's the least bit selfish?
    Perhaps you should at least /try/ to see the issue from somebody else's perspective before writing it off as excessive political correctness.

20. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Well if you make fun of EVERYONE equally then no one can be offended right??? That's my policy. I don't care if your black, white, purple, cyan....it doesn't matter...stupid is stupid. I mean not for nothing but how many Black people in the United States were actually around to experience slavery and what have you? Guess what my granfather was an irish immigrant, who were persecuted in there time and this countries infrastructure was partially built with their sweat and blood. They were white....go figure. And I could really give two sh#t's about poking fun at white Irish people. I'm going to lay it out......absudity is funny!!! It's that simple.