Is it wrong that I want a Samsung Tab?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by tsharpfilm, Sep 20, 2010.

1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #1 tsharpfilm, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    I love Apple... I really do... But the Samsung Tab looks insanely awesome, and I think I want one.

What kind of urks me about Apple's competitors is that they usually wait to see what Apple does, and then create a knockoff at a fraction of the R&D cost. It's a lot easier to take an idea from someone and make it better than it is to come up with something on your own, and then go out and take a chance with it.

A side of me thinks it would be wrong to buy from a shark-ass company like Samsung, but another side of me really wants that Galaxy Tab! :(

2. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    But it won't be good. I promise you, it would never see a software upgrade so it'll be rendered useless within 6 months. It's just like their iPhone knock-offs; they bring out a new one every few months so they don't need to update software.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    If I were to buy a knock-off, it wouldn't be from Samsung.

4. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Amen to that.

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    does Samsung have a reputation for making Crappy Things

6. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    If I were you, I'd wait. There's many other android tablets from more reliable companies coming out later this year/next year. HTC and Motorola are said to be releasing their tablets early next year when Gingerbread comes out...

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Well all the phones I had that were Samsung were the equivalent to a paid of scum ridden balls.

8. kingcobra

kingcobra Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    im really excited for it too BUT like others have said, it will probably not get any support after launch and the hardware will start crappin out

Ive had a samsung phone before and it was the biggest piece of junk ever...

on the other hand, Samsung do make THE BEST LCD TVs out there hands down

9. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    personally android + tablet dose not impress me at this stage.. maybe gingerbread will be more tab friendly..

what has me excited is the megoo os, and what HP will do with palm OS.

should be interesting to see what happens over the next year in the tab market.

i personally do not want a tab for games. just reading, surfing, and netflix.

chris.

10. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    ...and the best Harddisks for now. Using them for years totally silent and reliable.
    I had a Samsung phone, It died after 3 years.

11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #11 ImNoSuperMan, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    I dont see any reason to regret my ipad purchase here. Loving the 10 inch screen and wont be trading it off for a 7inch one now. Camera is cool but I rarely (if ever) use video conferencing and if I still wanted it, I'd rather wait 3-4 months more (assuming Tab launches in nov/dec) and get the iPad 2 with Facetime in April 2011.

512 MB ram? I did wish iPad had more ram coz I thought multitasking update will kill it like my iPhone 2G got killed by OS 3 update. Its just too sluggish to use it now. But to my surprise, things work smoothly with the iPad OS 4.2 beta. Havent noticed any sort of sluggishness or performance hits so far. So I'd rather have 256 MB ram and lots of awesome Apps which run great on the iPad, than 512 MB Galaxy Tab with practically zero apps.

On a side note, I'm surprised at the gaming capabilities of iPad. I got it thinking I'll use it for web surfing, numbers (excel), pages etc and though I am using it for all those too, but its the gaming which has blown me over. Except for maybe some tilt games, everything else is just so much better on the big screen.

12. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Thank you peeps for snapping me out of my Samsung Tab daze. New plan: Continue to enjoy my iTouch 4G and laptop until the 2nd generation iPad is released. I'd much rather trust a company like Apple with my $500. 1) They're very consistent with upgrades. 2) I've already spent about $300 on apps and games. It might be a good idea to get a device that can run them. :)

13. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    well. problem is some of them games wont work on the ipad.. and you will end up buying ipad apps that only work on the ipad.. not to many universals. but with the gen 4 pod.. least the iphone 4 only apps are not a issue now.

granted only a hand ful of them.. but there were enough to make me wonder..

chris.

chris.