Is it raining updates today?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LordGek, Jul 3, 2009.

1. ozron

ozron Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    IT Project Manager
    Melbourne, Australia
    95 updates so far here. Will I crack the 100 in one day?

2. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Just checked via iTunes.

92 updates just popped up.

:eek:

3. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    #63 schooze, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    Question about updates, I have more apps than pages and today, I had 19 updates so I clicked update all. However, I must have stopped using my iPod while the updates were still installing and I guess I lost wifi so now instead of where some of those apps would usually be all of my apps that are not on any of my available pages have taken there spots in alphabetical order.
    When searching for the apps, they don't come up, however when going to the app store and searching for them they say installed. Anybody know a way to fix this, thanks in advanced.

4. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    33 updates! Quantum collapse and BIA included :)

5. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Did you remember to reboot your iPod?

If so, and this still happened, I would say "quick" fix would be to go into your iTunes account via PC or Mac, go to the App folder, and hit "check for updates". The Apps should then be updated on your PC or Mac, then just connect your iPod to update them.

6. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Thanks for the quick reply after rebooting they now come up when I search, but I guess there's no way of getting them back to where I had them without removing them and losing all my data, I wish there was a way to move and delete apps when you search them. Thanks again I appreciate the help.

7. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    ya, i had 17 updates

8. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    Unless you're firmly charted you'll be better off if they approved it next week. I had 2 updates approved and they're already buried so deep under apps that start with "A" that no new users will see'm.

I feel sorry for devs that had new apps approved today - they got seriously shafted.

9. PDJApps

PDJApps Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    That's such a bummer. You're right, it'd be better to come out next week actually.

Hurry and make a few "bug fixes" and resubmit :D

10. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    14 updates on my iPhone - 72 updates in my iTunes app library :eek:

11. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Ahh! 47 updates! I wonder if Apple lowered their standards.

12. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Awwww. I only had 17 Updates! :(

(New High Scoore errrrrhhhh record! :p)

13. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I have 42 updates, but some are from before today.

14. exosyphen

exosyphen Well-Known Member

It's something *normal*.
    We are now entering the phase where the App Store is no longer a gold mine, and every trick is being tried to boost sales.

You think you have seen it all?
    How about a very basic game with very basic graphics, in which you have to sort numbers on a grid, being sold for $99.99
    Yes, there is no typo. It is $99.99 so people think it's $0.99 and accidentally buy it.

How about an app named exactly "iDracula" being sold for $0.99 to capitalize on the succes of the famous game iDracula? All this app does, is show a photo of a vampire and play some vampire sounds when you press a button.
    Definately ... a MUST HAVE.

Apple should step up ... as this is not heading in the right direction.

15. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    ya i got about 40 updates tday

16. exosyphen

exosyphen Well-Known Member

Ok.
    I am giving a free promo code of you choice for one of the 2 iPhone game I have developed, to anyone who shows me a screenshot with 100 updates waiting. I really want to see that one :)

17. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, and the BIA update actually includes something that isn't bug fixes/compatibility issues.
    They have actually listened for once and improved the driving controls and made the tutorial more detailed :).
    This is a good sign. I hope they improve their games like this more often in the future.

18. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I just got 15, wish apple would say what the hold up was. Kinda ridiculous how out of nowhere they approve everything at once, but for the last month almost NOTHING got approved. Hmmm...

19. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I've had that problem since 3.0 update. Got fed up this morning and reset network settings. Seems much better now. Try it - go to Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I had 2 batches of updates totaling 26 so far.

20. PDJApps

PDJApps Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Apple just pulled an interesting trick on me :)
    The "lite" version of nano fighter was approved today, but the update to the paid version is still pending even though that was submitted before. Hopefully people don't get too confused as to why they're different.

Link to free version (goes to iTunes)

[​IMG]