Is it raining updates today?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LordGek, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mek

mek Well-Known Member

53 updates since i last updated last night...so yeah looks like the clog in the drain passed right through :) Maybe Apple hired more testers

will all the apps have to be OSX 3.1 tested in a month or so?

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    *hopes with you*

3. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    It says I have 10 updates through my iTouch, but I'll have none waiting for me when I go to the Updates tab. :S

4. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Just got two more on my itunes. 9 total. BigAlbie- that's a lot of games. I have a page in a half of games :eek:

I wonder how much they pay the testers?

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Give it some time to propogate the servers. I had 35 listed on my iPod this morning, and nothing actually showed up until later.

6. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    I believe that entitles you to a high-five.

*high five*

I could imagine updating all of those could be somewhat tiresome, however.

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I'd have a lot more games, but if they're not on my iPod I delete them off iTunes as well. So far I've only had 12 updates.

ONLY.

That would normally be a lot, but not compared to some of you.

8. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Gotten 8 updates so far and I have 10 pages of apps.

9. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    It's actually not that much. The funny thing is that while you would think reviewing and playing iTunes games would take a lot of time out of my day, it really doesn't. I spend about 10 hours a week on this stuff so updates just fall into that.

10. PDJApps

PDJApps Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    :D love the name!
    George "Cantstandya"!

11. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    It's incredible that you're so efficient, then! Though, the majority of the time I spend gaming on my iPhone and on these forums is at work. ;)

I'm also still having issues connecting with the appstore. I usually like to read about each update/do them separately rather than mash the "update all" button - but I may have to resort to that. This is getting obnoxious.

I'm getting 2-3 minute loading screens on a solid, quick wifi that I've always used, than end up resulting in a "cannot connect to appstore" screen. When I'm off the wifi, my phone is sitting on full 3G, then when I get into the appstore, and onto a load screen, it drops to edge, then "searching" EACH time. Then I bail back to my homescreen, and I'm back to full 3G in seconds. What on earth is going on here?

12. Giggity

Giggity Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    Mines fine.

13. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I was thinking the same thing. I opened the app store app and was amazed at my 12 updates.

Went to iTunes not believing I actually had 12 to update (I check all the time) and iTunes gives me 39 updates :eek:

I've never had that many at once ever.

I have almost 700 apps in my iTunes though, so the chances of getting an update were pretty good lol.

14. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I'm spending more time than I expected today on updates. Another 5 updates just showed up, and they're taking a while to d/l. Sometimes it just easier to d/l everything and then sort everything out afterwards.

15. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I had 20 updates, as well.

16. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    The updates themselves finally showed up... It just sucks that [when you're using Categories] the apps move out of the folders.

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm getting so flooded I have no idea what half the updates do nor, for that matter, can I even recall all of my apps that got surprise updates so I'm sure for the next several days I'll be wondering, "Wait, is this new or was this always in the game?"

18. I've had like 40 updates in last 2 days...Quicker updating on computer than on device...Seems 2 take longer since 3.0.

19. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Yeah, I've spent the past hour just downloading on my PC and haven't even synced to my device yet.

20. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    iTunes definitely just exploded with a huge amount of updates! I got 37 about an hour ago and then 9 half an hour ago and then another 9 a minute ago that's 55 updates! :eek: I do have 630 apps in my iTunes library though, but that is the most updates I've had in ages.