Is it Possible for Life to be Perfect? I think mine iz!!:D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Aussie, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I don't think it's the universe that messes with happy people, rather the jealously in other people. Life doesn't have to be difficult for people to learn and grow.

Also, a happy/perfect life doesn't have to be boring.

I was just thinking how high school / college was actually not such a great time. I was listening to a new rock song and I was asked, "Do you like this song?" My reply was something like, "Yeah, but I might like it more if I was younger and more angry."

I'm not sure why there has to be such frustration at the high school / college age, other than being under 18/21 prohibits you from doing a lot of cool things. Although, a lot is overrated. I don't drink, smoke or vote, so the age thing didn't really matter.

If things get more serious with the girl, she's going to want nice things in life... do you have a car, a house, a job, health insurance, retirement plan? So, don't get smug. You could be using the nice weather in your life to prepare for the future.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's from Beetlejuice!

3. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Everything goes wrong Scenario A:

Your girlfriend dumps you and instead goes out with one (if not many) of your friends. You try to win her back with some weird gesture in school which makes everyone not like you and the seniors to annoy you break your phone. And because you spend so much time trying to get her back and crying you end up now studying and your grades drop dramatically.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #25 Booch138, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    Well that was where it originally came from. I was quoting AFI ^.^

So I guess my quote would nessesarily be wrong. My bad!

Now THAT is highschool. LOL

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    HAHAHAHAHA. Frickin' genius.

7. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Rofl this isn't far from reality.

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    You'd better snap out of that frame of mind fast. When you have to take care of yourself, it will not be perfect. But, seriously, enjoy your freedom now. Too many people waste their teen years. Just don't think it'll last.

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    - it so will not last.
    - we don't care.

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I think you worded it better than anyone in this thread.

11. fallenashes

fallenashes Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    yes
    #31 fallenashes, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    He forgot:

-why bother making this thread

But yeah, what was your point in making this thread? I had an incredibly crappy freshman year, but I sure did learn a lot of stuff about how life works. If you have a 'perfect' life you really don't learn everything, so eventually your life will become less perfect. But that doesn't mean you can't live a good life, right?

12. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Yeah, but it could go the complete opposite way, and it could either go downhill or just get extremely monotonous and boring.

13. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    So we answered the question. It's not possible to have a perfect life... You may have a great girlfriend and a new phone... But you failed on the interweb. Guys, we've just destroyed the young man and his hopes. We are bad.

14. StarCraftIsGreat

StarCraftIsGreat Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Why are you asking us if it's possible for a perfect life? Everyone has a different opinion of a 'perfect' life and it's up to you.

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I know, it's time for me to show some reservation. Enjoy the phone, you could easily bag two hot highschool girls with it, so shoot for the stars kid.

16. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    I think it's in perfect accordance with what normally happens when personal information is shared here.

17. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Maybe perfection would be attained if the young scamp had 2 iP4's, that way he could have the mandatory "is that an iPhone in your pocket or are you happy to see me" comment from girls either side of him. I won't charge for that pearl of wisdom, have no fear.

18. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    There's gotta be a bribing the teacher with apps story somewhere in here.

19. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I know! Great job guys! :D

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I really think it's better not to have a perfect life straight off the bat. Not that you should have a bad life, but if it's perfect then you've got nothing to look forward to. A few struggles and bad situations build character, and teach you valuable lessons that you'll be able to use to help yourself and others in the future. Imagine never getting dumped or rejected until you were 60 or something... that kinda shock could drive a man to suicide. Get it over with in your teens and grow strong from the experience.