Is it any easier to sync to iCloud than it is to sync to a PC?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by bmdino, Jul 10, 2012.

1. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    So I have a relative who cannot stand syncing his 2nd Generation iPod Touch to his HP Net-book. He hates how iTunes is extremely buggy, and how it's so hard to sync his notes - his lifeline - to a reliable destination. We were thinking about getting him the new iPod Touch purely because of the iCloud sync feature. Before you say he should get an iPhone or an iPad, he just wants a simple PDA. My question is how easy it is to sync to iCloud compared to iTunes. Granted, I have my iPad 2 all hooked up, but I mean from the perspective of someone who has never owned another Apple Product, and whom isn't as technology literate.

2. chirpytime

chirpytime New Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Not easy, but more alternatives apps to choose from than a plain PDA

It is annoyingly difficult. I don't need much file syncing myself but my sister is a researcher so she constantly needs to sync files to whichever device that's most suitable for her to takes notes or read papers. She had to use a third-party cloud service to get her files organized well enough for her. I don't exactly know how well that is but I am now pretty sure many can't be satisfied with iCloud. Hope this "case study" is somewhat useful to you.