is firemint's real racing career mode bugged?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Ruzz, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Ruzz

Ruzz Active Member

May 27, 2009
    whenever I play career, after my game I press continue and it bumps me back to the main screen. when I go back to career, the game doesn't save my last race. what's going on?

2. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    is your game cracked?

3. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    if your game is cracked you deserve an iBrick.

4. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    buy the game! support the developer!

5. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    we cantprove his game is cracked so back off

6. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Great point. His game perhaps isn't working properly, immediately a few people are questioning his games authenticity. My question is, why would they think it's cracked? Did they run into this same issue using a cracked version themselves?

7. Spotlight

Jan 10, 2009
    Some people who previously experienced similar problems with this game pointed out that they cracked it.

I didn't say he cracked it, but in case he did, he deserves his iPhone to explode.

8. Ruzz

Ruzz Active Member

May 27, 2009
    yeah, it is cracked. I guess i'll probably buy it then...don't feel comfortable purchasing anything from the appstore without trying it out first, considering majority of it is garbage. :/

9. Spotlight

Jan 10, 2009
    I'm partially according to you. I mean, a Lite version would be cool for most of the apps, but... Real Racing, well...you could find hundreads of video on youtube. I guess that's pretty enough for giving an idea of what's the game about.

You can easily find a review for any game out there.

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I can understand if you're considering purchasing from an unknown developer that's charging $2 for a game, but we're talking about Firemint. They created Flight Control. They've been working on Real Racing for months, giving us detailed description of the process. Arn and Hodapp gave it nothing but praise. You have no reason to even think it'll be garbage, and the fact that you got it cracked most likely means you never intended to get the full version. Support the damn devs. EA and Activision can support themselves easily releasing 5 titles every single month along with tie-ins with Burger King, Cartoon Network, and Oreos. These guys can't.

11. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    There are certan ways to tell if an app has been cracked or not but not many if any people seem to implant checks into their app. I know one person did and made a log which showed like 40% of the scoreboard was on a cracked app of the game.

12. mike1450

mike1450 Member

Apr 30, 2009
    cracked?

we're not talking about $1000 piece of software here... I spent more on a muffin and a coffee for breakfast, and this is easily the most no-compromise game on the iphone. It actually plays, i think, better than GT 1, though it's nowhere near as deep. It's a steal for 10 bucks so get your head out and buy it.

13. Ruzz

Ruzz Active Member

May 27, 2009
    #13 Ruzz, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
    you're right. I hardly expected the game to be crap. and you're also right that I never truly intended to buy the game. I only spend money on games when absolutely necessary like WoW anyways.

the convenience of piracy these days plus the fact that I'm 17 and have no credit card just really sums up my......excuse. (bleh) if I truly decide to get it off itunes now, i'd go ask a friend TO ASK his parent for a credit card then take the effort to explain to him why am I gonna need his card. then i'll probably head over to his house and do it in front of him on my itunes account because no way he's trusting me with his mom's card.

if I'm lucky enough, I won't have to go through the same talk with his mom/dad and he'd have itunes installed so I won't waste another 5minutes installing it on his computer. all for this game that I could have had done in the comfort of my room in 10minutes. it's the same with my NDS, really. where the hell am I gonna find $50 everytime I want to buy a new game. i'm bloody schooling and I can't afford games like that. :/

and i'd be DAMNED if that money was spent on something that turned out to be garbage. not likely, since I'd do my research before purchasing anyway but there's always that chance. and this chance is so much higher with the appstore, even if it is a few bucks.

I wanted the iphone for six whole months before I finally got it from my parents. I avoid spending more money on it as much as possible. but seriously, if I had my own credit card, I'd be contributing a whole lot more to the community.

14. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Wow, just wow.. Talk about honesty in leeching piracy. I have to hand it to you. Not many people would be willing to admit that they take from the very developers that they praise. So many posters here say "buying it" or "bought it" and give the dev credit, but the dev really never see's thier credit card. They track the crack app d/l numbers and think. WTF

15. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    You're 17. GET A JOB. I worked as soon as I was legally allowed (and even before that doing paper routes).

16. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    No credit card? That's why gift cards were invented. Like Benegesserit said, get a job. Work over the summer. That's what I plan to do once I reach legal age, instead of sitting around all day downloading cracked apps.

Again; ITUNES CARD!

17. Ruzz

Ruzz Active Member

May 27, 2009
    lol there ain't no time for jobs in my school schedule. and we don't have summer or spring breaks here in Singapore.

18. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    its a good thing i never bought this i tried it and thought this game was crap