Is appsniper worth it?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Ninjah, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Ninjah

Ninjah Member

Apr 5, 2009
    I have Bargainbin and pandorabox, they are good but appsniper look better, not for looks, but for what it has, however i have heard bad things about it, like update problems and stuff. SHould i buy it? Does anyone have it?

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The PandoraBox dev said they're working on an update which will add features. (They didn't say what they were adding or when the update will come out.)

So you might want to wait a while.

3. Ninjah

Ninjah Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Thanks for that, i might as well wait.

4. gd3

gd3 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    There is an appsniper lite that is free and totally awesome. It has all the features of the full appsniper, but you can only snipe 10 apps at a time. It really is great, no bugs or crashing that I've noticed. It keeps me up to date on whats new and what's on sale. They also have a hot apps section that shows the top 5 apps for each category. You can also customize your settings to only show the apps you like, like you can just turn on games, music, productivity and it will show only those.

5. Ninjah

Ninjah Member

Apr 5, 2009
    can you give me the link, i can't find it.

6. gd3

gd3 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Sure thing, AppSniper Lite.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I tried all of them, and appsniper may not have the nicest interface, but it has the most information, such as price history, new apps and sales are highlighted, you can call a hit on apps asking for a certain price, ban sellers, etc.

8. Crypton

Crypton Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Germany
    I think its not available outsite the US. I'm in Germany, and Appsniper Lite there's no lite here.

9. #9 mrbass, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    Also one of the main things I love about appsniper is their store filters. I wish they would add top paid 100 apps though. So we could drill down to find those in each country. Currently have to go through each category, utilities, reference, etc. Also would be nice to browse top 100 games by country but currently have to drill down in each game subcategory (action, boardgames, etc.)

Countries include: United States, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Deutschland, Espana, France, Hong Kong, Italia, Mexico, Norway, Singapore, Russia, Sweden, United Kingdom, Japan.

10. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
    Appsniper is wonderful, when it works...

The devs are always trying to make it better and are active at this forum.

Try the lite version.

11. AppViewer

AppViewer Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Yes

In my opinion it's definetly worth it

12. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    make the dive and get appsniper i love it and i also find it more accurate then the competition...and you can snipe, and watch for updates on it, i dont think any other app has that

13. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    If your not going to be "sniping" a bunch of apps just the occasional ones, I would say go ahead and download appsniper lite, I have that one and its better than the other free ones, and I don't have a lot of apps sniped, so the lite version is perfect for me.;)

14. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The lite version is ONLY available in the US.

On the filters - this is one of the things I e-mailed the PandoraBox dev about. So it's either already being worked on, or it was put on their To Do list.

(This was his reply to my e-mail: )

15. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

mine crashes like a mofo

16. Ninjah

Ninjah Member

Apr 5, 2009
    thanks for the replies guys, i think i may get it, as i will be sniping alot.....