Universal Iron Snout+ (by Aurimas Garuolis)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SnoutUP, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #21 Jayg2015, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Only got high of 95.
    Man this game would be amazing if it just had some upgrades like regen health over a period upgrade or the eenemies drop small health bars at random or backgrounds unlocks in the future.
    The game is so fun and great . It could be game of the year with this stuff.
    If you need help funding for this stuff I can help along with promoting it on my gaming review and twitch channel.
    Also could share with my friends who have more major channels.

2. BlueTieCasual

BlueTieCasual Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I played the Steam version quite a bit when it was first released on PC, so I've gained a few tips and tricks then. Glad they're still relevant on mobile, haha. I tend to lean heavily on the lower jabs, gets you low on the ground so you can dodge thrown objects.

3. SnoutUP

SnoutUP Well-Known Member

Oh, these are great ideas, but I'm afraid it would greatly mess up the balance of the current gameplay and would become repetitive faster, since longer the character lives - more different enemies must be thrown at him to make things interesting. I COULD experiment with a new gamemode or a special level, tho. That being said, I'm currently trying to "get myself together" and finish that Pork Chopper game, which hopefully will earn me a bit of money and I would be able to be more relaxed in my game development.

As far as funding goes, I really don't want to take money from anyone, since I can't be 100% sure I would be able to deliver everything I promise. But sharing always helps and I'm super thankful to anyone, who suggests my games to their friends!

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'd pay $1 for no ads as the game is right now. That's what I've been telling you.

And still haven't seen a single ad. Lol. It's totally free for me.

Yea I like it that much. As I said just think about it :)

I can't wait for Pork Chopper!

Billy

Billy

5. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I will help support as much as I can. Like Billy has stated I love this game as well.
    Maybe if you decide to create a second one with more modes or upgrades or what have you .
    I'll help promote the game .
    As for your other game if you need beta testers I Am In for sure if you need any.
    Like the style of your games and the characters .
    I like what you are creating here.
    I would for sure pay for some kind of iap to help with funding if you decided to add some
    Also in your future game if you decide to make it freemium with a premium purchase I am in for sure .
    You could make it like $3.99-5.99 or whatever to make it without ads or however you decide. I will buy

6. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    This game is a perfect high score chaser just the way it is. The only other thing I would like to see is more backgrounds. That's it. No consumables or power ups necessary. Sometimes less is more.

7. SnoutUP

You guys are too kind! To be honest, one of the reasons I don't sell my games, because I'd rather have more people to play them, than getting a couple of sales. It is also way harder to promote a paid game and I see many indie devs fail by making their first (usually, not very good) project premium.

Sure, I would also love to earn something from my game development, but I hope that will eventually happen without selling my games or overflowing players with ads. The more reasonable situation for a game with price tag would be me cooperating with paid artists (which might happen, because drawing takes too much time for me). But that's something for the next year maybe!

I'll let you know when Pork Chopper will be available in TestFlight!

Thank you, Mrwubbs! That was my main idea - to make a game which has enough gameplay variety to keep people entertained for a couple minutes from time to time. I have a couple of ideas for backgrounds I would like to add before completely moving on, but since every background needs a set of different enemies, it might take a while until a bigger content update.

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    You should go all out and make a butcher farm where guys with blades come at him to turn him into bacon and sausage but now it's time for the pig to fight to save his life.

Lol

Billy

9. SnoutUP

Butcher shop is certainly one of the ideas for a new level! Another is a hectic "war zone" level, where wolves (and pig) could use guns, planes, tanks, bombs.

10. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Would love to see outfits unlocks as well. Something that doesn't change the game but just adds a little bit like backgrounds .
    I understand what your saying though

11. SnoutUP

Oh, I would love to have outfits, but I can't do that alone. Iron Snout character has a lot of animation sprites, so to add a single basic outfit I would have to redraw them all... I tried a couple of times, failed and dropped that idea for now. But I do have an idea for unlockable "super moves", where pig would unleash some sort of funny/brutal power after reaching certain kill/combo count. That's only in my notebook right now.

12. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    You have done a lot of great stuff with this game especially by yourself.
    Do you have a Twitter for the game or developer?
    Would love to promote on my mobile gaming account and link your account with download link and such .
    It would be great if you could make some money from this or your upcoming game.
    How far along are you with that

13. SnoutUP

Any help is much appreciated! My dev twitter is @SnoutUp: https://twitter.com/SnoutUp

Pork Chopper is probably at ~50% done, unless I will get in to my crazy ideas and will dig myself down with them, which is very possible. I'm already a bit stuck. Also gotta do a project for my real job, so that is taking a lot of time I could use for game development, but that feeds me for now.

14. SnoutUP

Hey, everyone! I wanted to let you know that Iron Snout recently got a bugfix update. Also I'd like to invite you to the upcoming thread for my new game - Toaster Swipe, where I'm still looking for last-week testers for the release which will happen in a couple of days.
    Thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=298846
    [​IMG]

15. SnoutUP