Universal Iron Quest (by ZealTopia Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mystic.purple, Jan 13, 2016.

1. mystic.purple

mystic.purple Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Jakarta, ID
    Thanks a lot guys! As for about those material pricing, yes they are part of the original balancing stuffs. But coincidentally, the first update we have submitted earlier also increase the selling value of the materials incrementally, with more rare materials having slightly (just a little) more selling price.

2. sawjaifob

sawjaifob Member

May 28, 2009
    Great game but i cant seem to beat level 18 no matter what combo of characters i use. I have them all full upgraded

3. mystic.purple

May 15, 2011
    Jakarta, ID
    The first update submitted earlier (now still in review) also has some balancing tweaks in it. Hopefully that will help :)

4. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I have just beaten it with:

- Paladin
    - Crusader
    - Assassin
    - Cleric

Loving the game so far.

Things i don't like:

- selling materials is always $5 (already in next patch - very nice)
    - "twitch gameplay" isn't very smooth for me - stutters a bit (iPhone6)
    - just got Jack the Champion and he is a nearly exact copy of Bob the Champion. what is the difference? really just -1 HP and +1 damage?
    - i don't like that all of the heroes level up at once - would be way better if they leveled up individually (the heroes i use more level up faster)

Thanks for a great game :) Hope i beat level 19 soon ^^

5. mystic.purple

May 15, 2011
    Jakarta, ID
    Glad you enjoy it!

We tweaked the speed of the twitch gameplay a bit, hopefully that will somehow help your issue. As for heroes, some extra heroes there are useful if you want to use more than 1 of the same class in your party (especially the medium-long range ones), while some are there for visual purposes (same class, different avatars).

About levels, we decided not to force the usual RPG grinding for level-up. Instead, we let the heroes grow stronger naturally as the player progress to let them enjoy the game more without worrying too much about grinding on levels, and just focus on the strategy and mining/crafting aspects of the game.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

6. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    thanks for answers!

Struggling with level 28 at the moment... :)

7. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Tackling 35 now - progression is balanced (but hard), definitely need to nail the twitch battles..

Regular setup is usually:
    - Paladin / Knight
    - Assasin / Lancer
    - Archer
    - Cleric

It's becoming a little more repetitive because more grinding needed to get weapons (ore / money)
    Also more interesting because of new attack patters (floating eyes attack last two.. My squishies!)

8. caseyhicks6

caseyhicks6 Member

Dec 16, 2015
    First off again, I am really enjoying this game. Yes it can get a bit repetitive, but it doesn't really bother me as I don't play for super long sessions. It's great for me because I can pull it out, play a level, then go about my business. For a buck, the amount of gameplay is ridiculous!

9. sawjaifob

sawjaifob Member

May 28, 2009
    anyone beat level 50? i having trouble with it

10. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Update is out that fixes balancing issues among other things.

11. mystic.purple

May 15, 2011
    Jakarta, ID
    Just want to let you guys know that the update (1.0.4) is out now. We made some major changes in the Abyss mode, as well as some balancing stuffs (including the twitchy thingy) :)

EDIT:
    Oh and thanks for Son of Anarchy. Didn't realize someone has posted about the update earlier.

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Mining system is good. Crafting is good indeed (also if i don't like it in general). Fighting system is already seen but is functional. Content is great, it will keep you playing For Hours. Also The presentation is very good and clear.

No doubt a 4 stars For me and 5 if you like The crafting more than me in general.

You should definitely try it.

13. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Am I missing something here?

I've beaten the giant blob on level 10 in the forest and got his giant crown, and guy in the market wants to trade the recipe for refining gold for 2 giant crowns. When I try to buy it, he (rightly) says I haven't got enough, but that I can get one from the blob in the forest. I've beaten that blob three times now and I only got a crown the first time. I can plough on for now, but I just want to be sure I haven't hit a bug and there will be another giant crown somewhere else.

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

same issue here pal, i'm stuck 'cause i can't get the second Griffin Claw from the boss on level 30, and i need it... seems a bug to me.

15. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Funnily enough, I just beat that boss for the fourth time and it finally gave me my second crown. Maybe it's just a bit random and you have to keep trying.

16. mdthielen77

mdthielen77 Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Am I missing something? I can't get past the 10th stage. I have my equipment as high as I can get them with the available crafting manuals. I've used champion, lancer, archer, cleric and champion, knight, archer, cleric but can't seem to beat the giant slime boss.

17. mystic.purple

May 15, 2011
    Jakarta, ID
    Yes, it's not a 100% item-drop, so there will be cases you won't get it right away. In fact the majority of item-drops have drop-probability lower than 100%.

Try it with Knight, Lancer, Archer, and Cleric :)

18. mdthielen77

mdthielen77 Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Thanks! That helped :)

19. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    picked this up when it's free very fun so far!

20. mindmagicgames

mindmagicgames Active Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Game Developer
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Was this on Kongegrate and ported here to iOS? If so, this was a really fun game!