Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Wow I guess people really do expect things just to be easy and given to them these days....level 4 isn't that hard it took me two tries the first time I wasn't thinking and just winging it like the earlier missions. Mission 4 made me start playing more strategically, it is a strategy game after all.

I can't decide which hero is my main still though, Fate seems to waste a lot of time aiming at range to lose all that time whenever that unit is killed by something else. Kara seems to have a very good range and be much more powerful than Fate. Although stealth and bombs are fun, Paragon I don't want as I prefer ranged heroes.

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Wow. I guess people really don’t know what a CASUAL mode is these days for even a seasoned gamer who isn’t new to strategy. Numerous tries with numerous strategies on to fail on level 4 but what do I know.

3. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    In level 4 if you go capture mid lane right at start, building 2 turret and then go cap the bottom and build like mid and then top lane, destroying enemy building at bot and top take some time, in that time, you can upgrade mid and main base Refinery for shielding your tower and extra sight range, remember to upgrade your turret tower too and give each base top, mid, bottom 1 sniper or whatever unit you want and your hero can go to vacation, it's all godlike with each lane with impenetrable defense. (that's how i pass level 4)

4. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #164 Son of Anarchy, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Mission 4: The easy way.

1. Take it slow. First build two guns, one above starting base and one below. Leave your Hero and starting Shellstorm unit between the guns while you wait for resources to upgrade both guns to extra power and self-repair.

2. Move your Hero and Shellstorm east (right) to start taking the base there. Make use of your 'dropguns', maybe use a bomb if you are Fate. Take the base and leave Shellstorm there while you build up the two new guns. Now you can also build a new Shellstorm at first base.

3. Gather resources and upgrade both bases now with the shield and xtra range. With the upgrades and Shellstorm unit, the bases can take care of themselves.

4. Always keep an eye open for extra unit or extra resource green blobs on the map, they are very handy.

5. Next you will take the base South (down) using same method as above. Build up base and leave a Shellstorm there also while creating a new one at original base.

6. Next you'll take North base. Bring the Shellstorm from original base with you while you take it, not rushing, always thinking, ready to adapt if need. Take the base, get the extra resources NE of your position and sit tight for 1:20s. Congratulations you did it and feel fantastic. You also realise it's all about controlling the battlefield, strategy and thinking on your feet.

Edit: And as WjndWalk3r shows above, there's more than one way to do each mission. You could substitute Shellstorms with Snipers also as they're cheaper. Hope this helps someone get through mission 4.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Obviously not enough.

6. blackbag71

blackbag71 New Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Ask for a refund and download a clicker that plays itself. Casual mode is on YouTube and it's free!

7. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Ah then I think it must be using Apple iCloud and not Game Center for cloud saving.

8. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Casual mode for a strategy and you guys want it to be easy lol

What is your interpretation of a casual strategy game build base defend and expect it to make it through the swarm of attacks

Heres the tip STRATEGIZE

On a serious note dont take a base until the first base is all almost fully upgraded before you start taking another one base to defend

9. Bernzwong

Bernzwong Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2011

Hmm Fate didn't unlock for me...

10. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    You need to have the game purchased 48 hours after it was released to get her for free

11. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I understand some of the complaints on the difficulty only because the explanation of the strategy involved between level 3 and 4 isn't really clear to someone not used to playing an RTS. I tried multiple things and none worked until I stopped thinking and just went with what the game was trying to teach me which was in level 4 you need to use shellstorms as they are the new unit introduced, and to completely upgrade and defend bases. It does take a shift drastically from the previous levels where you could just run around the map and kill everything to level 4 where you have to have patience and wait out timers.

It is doable, and I'm at level 6 now and enjoying the game a lot but I'll be honest the 3 fails I got on level 4 wasn't fun until I came here and saw what a dumbass I was. Again, the game isn't really clear on your objective on that level so it can be confusing but thanks to this forum it's all good and I appreciate all the tips here.

Also I agree with Fate not being that great, her constant shifting targets but never taking a shot is annoying. I switched to Kara, grinded out her Absorb Recoil skill under Physical Fitness and wrecked level 4 and 5. I'll see how I end up liking the other heros, I might be enticed into buying some later on.

12. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    agreed there must be something to feedback to the dev about the tutorial and infomation given in the first few levels.

13. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Video doesn't convince me, a lite version would be good

14. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Guys dont know why lots of people got stucknon lvl 4 but there is a boss level that I'd call a challange.

Still trying ;)

15. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    #175 WjndWalk3r, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    I wonder how hard is the giant one in trailer lol :D
    lol just fought it :D so freaking strong, but after losing 1 game, i realized an unit stronger than sniper when fight with this scale monster :D

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yes. Actual wtaf moment there. The fell bishop was grim enough, but...

Also, I spent a coupla hours grinding tech points last night. Still nowhere near taking the first boss so, ay. Will have to think on that one! Clearly need to be doing more damage, but the (new) tank unit doesn't seem to be that key :hmm:

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Soooo....

Anyone cracked the fell tyrant yet?

18. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I have got £10 on my iTunes, if you had to buy the game and 1 or 2 heroes which would you buy?

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Only thing holding me up is hearing that they are charging up to $99 for some heroes. If that is the case, the game's price will be slashed soon. Of course, I can easily afford $4.99, but the idea of paying $4.99 with big $ freemium elements is offensive to me.

20. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    nah ah, you are using the wrong combination :p His HP pool is huge as it look, but when you find out the right combination, he get rekt so fast xD and the only work is just micro the full squad to evade his meteor and his stomp :D