Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    It’s not the heroes I’m concerned with. If you increase abilities of whichever one you like, hopefully they are balanced.

It’s whether the difficulty picks up to require some of the special weapons like bombs that are consumable. Sure you can farm currency but I don’t know. Too early for me to tell.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    You can farm exp for heroes if things are too hard. I'm sure a maxed hero will be a game changer. Look at their stat sheet and mid way / last upgrade gives a special power for each hero.

Also I did get a difficulty spike on stage 4 however I'm okay with that. I went back to normal and it was fine. In kingdom rush I played every level on normal then hard so that doesn't bother me going back.

A good tip I used to beat hard situations is to use hero recall A LOT. It has low cool down and no penalties. It's extremely beneficial to get you hero out of bad situation instantly then deploy them elsewhere. If your hero is about to die you can easily save them using this ability. This is probably my favorite new mechanic. They do not heal when teleported so be sure to drop them back down.

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #63 Son of Anarchy, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Out of curiosity I tried it out on an iPad 2, and it loads a little slower (only between missions) but so far seems to be working work fine. Cloud save works great also.

4. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Ive been a kingdom rush players ever since the flash era and when the new mechanics are introduced i havent relied on them that much to beat a certain level yes it will be difficult but theres really a way on how to beat it

On kr trilogy theres alot of videos in youtube on how to beat a level wihtout using those consumables i knownit will be the same here

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    How long are the levels getting in the latter half of the campaign?

6. Yogurt Rifle

Yogurt Rifle New Member

Sep 14, 2017
    The game is crashing constantly for me during the 4th mission, on my iPad 3th gen
    :,-(

7. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I know I'm like, wrong. But... I think real time strategy games should be called strategy games. Unless somebody playing has figured out how to manipulate time as to live in an altered version of it. As far as I know, even when I am playing mobile video games, I am still living in real time (at least as far as I know the 24 hour clock whether standard or military) is still considered real time.

If you guys are aware of any non "real time" strategy games, please let me know. It would be tremendous to get some errands done while time is altered.

8. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark

Nah, we need that distinction. Strategy is either turn-based or real-time. Just calling real-time strategy for strategy would be confusing as that would imply that turn-based strategy is not strategy (since that term would already be taken up by real-time strategy). But I get your point...

And that ladies and gentlemen is how you derail a thread. :D

Also, greeeeeaaat game, I am really loving this more than expected. So smooth.

9. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Real time strategy is just used as a way to distinguish itself from turn based strategy. That way when you say strategy game, people don't think of a turn based game but a game taking place in real time. Thus real time strategy.

10. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
  11. Water

Water Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Game Dev
    Japan
    Downloading

i will play later, wish i could have more time.

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Is there a way to make troops move and stop to attack if they are in range? Or move to attack a specific target?

13. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    I just felt like adding a silly comment instead of complaining about the IAP heroes. I agree with you but it made me laugh so, mission accomplished.

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Can anyone link a full detailed review of the game?
    Al I keep reading are Iaps. The game is $5 !!!!!
    You're phone costs ridiculous amounts of money. This is some years of hard work .
    5 freaking dollars for years of work and they aren't making you pay for iaps.

15. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Hour of spare time. Now there's a consumable IAP I could get behind.

16. maestro_kian

maestro_kian Member

Aug 23, 2017
    I heard that this is a paid game with ads. Is it true?

17. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    You can watch an ad for 60 coins. So far I've finished the first campaign and the difficulty was ok, so no need for that.

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Did you find the economy of the game balanced with the skill tree etc? Or was it pushy towards buying credits by IAP?

19. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    In some sections you have to take your time and updgrade every tower before continuing and it will be a disaster if you don't. The spikes are there but manageable if you drop the pace.
    And your soldiers can't move and shoot, so this makes the game slower as well.
    I've reached this far without IAPs for the skill tree, I don't know if it gets grindier at some point.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    App of the day on my iOS 11 app store shows Iron Marines :) I hope they get lots and lots of sales from this game. They deserve it so much.