Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    That's true, I like that idea. I'd even be down to watch an ad to get a test drive of a hero kind of like what Dashy Crashy does with all their unlockable cars.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    But I believe the average game doesn't let you "try before you buy." Most things you basically look it up on the Internet or give it a shot yourself. On the PSN store or Steam I can't test DLC to see if I like it or not (as nice as that might be).

3. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Honestly you should try normal at least. Hard is still pretty easy...well depending on which hero you use I guess...but normal is barely a challenge so far. Also, you can change difficulty anytime. Casual you might be robbing yourself of a little fun, you could prolly walk away for 5 minutes and come back to a win haha.
    Anyway, i am loving it so far as well, it feels like Dawn of War 2 in my pocket but with a more starcraft vibe as far as the art. I wish the heroes had equippable war gear tho...that woulda been neat, and I really hope at some point we get to use more than one at a time during a mission. Barely complaints...cuz this game is fun as hell lol...looks like they will have dlc or expansions too with the last planet saying "coming soon!"

4. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Is it just me...oooor...can you watch a video for credit an infinite number of times as much as you want consecutively? Ehhh...weird lol

5. wilyone

wilyone Active Member

Nov 7, 2012
    If it is indeed unlimited, I expect the next update will introduce a limit. The other games with videos for premium currency that I've played all patched that after a short while.

The "extra" hero for buying before 9/15 is very Metroid inspired. You get access to the other 2 heroes as you progress. Stage 2 and 5 respectively. I finished stage 2 during lunch. I'll see how far I get tonight.

I am liking what I see so far.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #46 L.Lawliet, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Be careful with the ads. I watched ads for half an hour. Game crashed. I reopened and didn't get a single piece of gold from the 30 minutes. Pretty peeved. Free money for them I guess.

Edit: Well looks like it's bugged. I just watched an ad and force quit, the game takes a little while to load then loads up with no added coins. Wow.

Edit2: Tried on my other phone. Same thing. Looks like gold you make from ads doesn't save.

7. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    This game is seriously good. I know people have issues with the premium heroes, but think of it like this:
    4.99 for a game of this quality and depth is SUPER cheap!
    You don't need the other heroes, but if you want to support the devs you can.

8. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Great production and great game so far, but I'm not surprised. Just look at their history. I'll be playing the heck out of this, and will most likely throw some money into it, even if it's just to offer support. That said, I hate with a passion seeing $100 buy-ins. Even $50 is pushing it. When
    I see that $99.95 option in a game I get an instant bad impression of the developers. "Greed!" it screams. If I wasn't already familiar with (and loving) their games, I might have deleted this one just on principle. But I have to believe these guys mean well. Right? Yeah, hope I'm right.
    Back to the game.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    The weird thing about this is there are plenty of people who have no problem spending a hundred bucks on a game they're enjoying. Almost every developer I've ever talked to has told me the $99 packages are among the top sellers. I look at it less as greed and more as that they don't want to make someone have to buy 20 $5 packs to get the same thing as one pack. Or, if the player knows they'll be spending that much on the game anyway, the $99 packs always feature a better ratio of currency to real money paid. As scummy as the "Best Deal!" banners are on those packs, they're not lying about being a better deal.

10. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Does this support iCloud sync between devices?

11. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Yes, it does. #

12. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    So is it actual RTS or Tower Defence?

13. splendidham

splendidham Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Usually if you wait long enough, you can see how all the heroes are played with on YouTube. There are a few channels devoted to kingdom rush level walk throughs and they have sample vids for all the heroes. I think they'd have some up pretty soon.
    Also, I might add that it looks like Iron Marines is universal? All past KR games you needed to buy an iPhone and iPad HD version separate which also meant you had to pay for any in app heroes twice if you were inclined.
    So should be able to save some money there if you are into buying all the heroes to support the dev. That's a pretty good deal to me

14. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Both actually! Quite an interesting blend

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Which hero are you all using or enjoying the best? I'm finding it hard to decide, I think maybe I like Fate best so far.

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I saw my favorite hero from Kingdom Rush, Sha'tra, is only $2.99 (cheapest tier) so I went ahead and bought him. Can't wait to try him out. All I know is that his skills in KR made him #1 or #2 best hero. Let's see how good he is here!

17. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Paragon

18. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    work on ipad 2?

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Maybe I suck but I’m finding this to be a decent challenge even on easy, which does concern me about the IAPs. I realize that bombs and stuff may be considered “cheats” but not so sure I’ll be able to compete some levels without them and buying them adds up quick.

And I play games like Halo Wars so while not an RTS expert, I’m not really a noob either.

20. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    People here who complained about the premium heroes are not really aware on how devs regularly put them into sales at some point the most expensive heroes are even down into $1 its just a matter of waiting

Im so tempted to buy the one with tank but knowing this devs history i know they will put them on sale a usual