Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Looked back at the Kingdom Rush games and there wasn’t anything even close to a $99.99 IAP for currency in them. First two games capped at $9.99 and Origins had a $19.99 IAP.

And most of the IAPs in those games were for specific items / heroes, not currency.

So while I am hopeful that this is the same in terms of balance, just the sheer number of currency IAPs available and cost is a bit of a shock.

Not wanting to harp on the issue. This just is a bit different from what I see.

Anyway, really loving the game so just hope it’s a moot point.

2. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    as i played their previous game, i will grind the hell out of easy maps, and then normal, and then hard :D the only thing i invest money on are heroes that i like lol :D

3. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Woooooot! Early release FTW!

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Hello, dudes anyone can tell me What´s the price of all Hero´s here?

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Purchased right away and remember you don't have to buy those extra heroes I've completed all kingdom rush games and the starting heroes are always just as powerful as IAP ones they just give some extra flavour and maybe change the play style a little.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Remember to drop your turrets on enemies for extra damage or insta kills :)

One lesser known feature i found was that you can click the arrow next to your hero icon to teleport them back and then you can redeploy them anywhere. Use it to move your hero around the map quickly or drop on top of an enemy. There is a cooldown time of course.

7. TheKindMind

TheKindMind Member

Aug 11, 2017
    #27 TheKindMind, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    This has some f2p elements in it. Feels kinda trashy because of the misleading $4.99 premium price tag. It's a good game but there is no need for the f2p shenanigans. Feels greedy.

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Paymium, the scummiest model out there.

9. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Has so many F2P elements? lol

So apparently giving people the option to support the devs a bit more with some extra heros is now "shenanigans."

For anyone that played ANY of the Kingdom Rush games, it's the same thing. I played all those to death and never bought an extra hero.

10. TheKindMind

TheKindMind Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Edited my original post. Might have used more hyperbole than I should have. Was caught off-guard by all the price-tags on heroes and IAP's going up to $99.99. I'm perfectly glad to pay for DLC and things like that. It's just disappointing to see more price tags for content that I thought I was getting with my initial purchase.

11. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Played two levels and love it just as Lawliet says it's great fun, I never play games like this but wanted to try something else besides the puzzle games I normally play, I just play at the casual level ha ha because I am a beginner, very interesting all and the design is what got me curious in the first place.

12. saulob

saulob Member

Dec 10, 2011
    I think so. I saw one icloud option in the options :)

Enjoy it :D

13. hil

hil Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Germany
    Oh geez, Rick! There sure are a hell lot of IAPs in this premium priced game! I'm scared!

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Best comment.

15. Pressi

Pressi Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Top quality game as always from Ironhide.
    If you like the Kingdom Rush games you will feel right at home with this one.

The IAPs are for more heroes like the Kingdom Rush games and "cheats" that freeze or bombard your enemies with nukes and they are not needed at all. The game is also fairly generous with the credits so you can buy the power ups for missions you are stuck in.

16. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Calm down Morty. Ya gotta, ya gotta get your di[URRP]ck wet sometime. Quit being a pansy and just hit the button.

17. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

The game is cool. But I really hate the fact that in 5$ game there are heroes hidden behind the paywall. Some of them cost more than the game itself.

18. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    That's annoying, sorry couldn't resist lol.

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Then buy all the DLC and pretend it's a $30 game.

20. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

That's a good point, actually. But I'd really prefer to have some "demo mode" where you can try paywall heroes, at least. I don't think that paying 7$ for a hero to find that you don't really like him is a good experience.