Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... Any new content, especially a new planet, would make this an essential title for mobile gaming.

2. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    If you look at the Galaxy View in game you can see there is a third planet that says "coming soon," so I am pretty sure we will see extra content in the future. Plus, I believe Iron Hide is known for adding new stuff to their games.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    More a matter of when... Coz yeah, Ironhide always adds more content in their releases.

4. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Adding new content is for sure i know that knowing ironhides history what i mean is if they can make it before this year ends

5. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Someone in this thread mentioned several hero sales, but so far I didn't even saw one. (Came a bit late to the party though.) So, are these sales locally restricted or not, and will there be more? And if so, how do I notice? Would love to play with some other heroes, but as it is it definitely exceeds my allowance.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well I guess my loyalty paid off. I finally got two sale offers and WOW those were legit sales. Ridiculously good. Unbelievably good.

[​IMG]

The sale was 3 of the highest tier heroes for $5! Whoa. If I bought them all individually it would be around $17? I couldn't pass this up. This is an insane sale.

There was another offer for $4 with Ajax and Mark X plus 1000 upgrade points. Good deal but obviously 3x heroes better. And good thing I bought the 3x heroes because after I did the other offer disappeared. The heroes overlapped so that's probably why but if I bought the cheaper one I'd definitely miss that huge Black Friday-esque sale. I'm so happy. More stuff to do in the game now!

7. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    second deal is for previous Darwin deal owner :D

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I have to say.. I only tried Dr. Graaff of the new heroes I just got and he's now my favorite after just one level. His only downside is his slow movement. Otherwise his playstyle is exactly what I'm looking for. I can't wait to try the rest. But I'm going to play Dr. Graaff for a bit longer :)

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yep... Told you he's good :D

When you get to 5 drones, cranking out 2 at a time, his damage output skyrockets (2nd skill), but only for single target damage.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah he's crazy strong. You can just have him sit back and heal your units too. I've been able to hold off waves with him in the back since his range is rather small. Overall, pretty damn good. If he's this good I can't wait to try the ultimate hero. He better be a weapon to surpass Metal Gear!

11. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Darn, i just get home and didnt find the deal :( i was too busy to check out the game yesterday :(

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same here. Didnt get the deal either. :(

Still lacking Ajax, Fate, and X.

13. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Im checking the game on a regular basis but wasnt able to see the deal darn!!

Time frame is too short i guess

14. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Damn. The Ajax, Mark and 1k upgrade points deal is the better one of my offers. (The other is Shatra, Darwin and 500 UP). Would have easily spent 5 bucks for your three hero package, but since I don't need those UP and am not that interested in Ajax, it'd just be a little discount on Mark here.

I'm really sad / mad right now. Knowing other ppl getting other (and way better) deals doesn't feels good. Seems unfair ... :(

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I actually don't think there's a specific time. It seems to be a deal that appears after some random amount of time. I recall people getting deals two weeks ago and I was bummed since I bought Shatra and most people had some real with Shatra. I imagine it builds these deals based on what you purchased and after some random time has passed.

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #356 L.Lawliet, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Okay I just tested Darwin. He's alright. He's a melee fighter with some long range ability (like Shatra) but honestly feels a lot closer to Paragon, maybe because his movement is much slower. I definitely think Graaff is way better. Darwin is decent but I feel like even Shatra is better because he's more nimble.

Darwin's first skill puts you in the air and burns enemies, really great for mobs and avoiding damage However, I often got my troops destroyed using this because he no longer tanks and the enemies go straight to your soldiers. His second skill is a attack lowering skill which can also stun enemies when upgraded. Upgraded version is very useful as you can get in a lot of dps within the few seconds the enemy is stunned.

His movement is interesting. He can make a giant leap to an enemy before engaging but can't do it constantly (?). He can also fly to long distance spots making him very maneuverable. His big draw back is he's rather slow in close range movement, being an ape and all. Running small distances, disengaging enemies, changing positions, etc are easy ways to get him killed. Long range retreat is best for him.

Overall, like I mentioned, he's decent. Not bad. But not crazy amazing like I felt with Dr. Graaff. He's probably the best tank in the game however. He makes up for many of Paragon's shortcomings. Random comment but I feel Shatra is an in between of the general classes more than any other character. Long range and close range normal attacks and skills.

Anyhow, next up, the ultimate hero. One that I've been excited to use!

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Darwin's pretty fast if you abuse his jetpack movement. Basically, aim at the direction you want to go to, but tap farther. His movespeed is insane at that state, and can be used even in close range if you tap farther, and just stop him or use a skill when he's at your intended spot. Just needs a little micro-ing, as usual.

If you havent noticed yet, Dr. Graaff's weakness is his mobility, and his weak "entry" after you summon him either from death or after you pulled him out.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm slowly going through on impossible. Lots of fun! Though beating the last two levels on world 1 were a pain. I had to use Mark X to beat the second to the last one.

Anyhow, I have my own ranking list now for the heroes (obviously personal opinion):

1) Mark X
    2) Dr. Graaff
    3) Sha'tra
    4) Darwin
    5) Taggins
    6) Fate
    7) Kara
    8) Paragon

* Ajax is unranked since I don't have him

Paragon is without a doubt my least favorite. I actually am trying to max him out so I don't have to use him again unless I get bored of everyone else. Aside from him looking and sounding cool, he's just not very good and very very micro. Shatra and Darwin was a toss up but eventually I picked Shatra over Darwin just because Shatra has one of the best skills in the entire game and is a good blend of long range and short range. Darwin is still very good but going aerial on his special attack is a hit/miss for me.

Mark X as expected stands above them all. However he's not that "cool" imo. I was hoping he'd be like Metal Gear just from the thumbnail but he ended up just being a tank, bummer. Extremely powerful, fast, tanky, and great specials. Just his animations aren't that cool - shoots from machine guns, small blast from main cannon, tosses gas. The only cool thing I thought was throwing out troops but they're very... weak... Decent power and great for stalling but they die way too quick. Mark X's only downside to me is that he's primarily a long range attacker but his gas skill (very powerful) requires you to run through enemies constantly. On high difficulties you'll lose almost all your health doing so. Shatra has a close range special but since he's a close range fighter it makes sense. Your long range heroes should be kiting or hanging in the back and only tanking when there's a few enemies or when your troops are dying. I don't like running them right into the enemy army personally.

19. Lucia

Lucia New Member

Oct 18, 2017
    CM of Ironhide Game Studio
    Hi hi

Hey, I'm Ironhide's CM, I've been reading this thread for a while now, and finally decided to make an account and comment.
    First of all, thank you very much everyone for the support, everyone here feels extremely happy and glad.
    We are aware of many issues the game still has and needs to improve. This is the main reason i'm here. I would like to say that if you all want to give specific feedback or have any issues please contact us at [email protected]

We also use a Discord channel (fan made) where most of the time answer things or talk random stuff. It would be great to have new people over. So if you would like to join just let me know and i'll share the link.
    I'll try to be here often, or more regularly.

Thank you!

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hello and welcome Lucia! I do have one Q... What triggers the character bundle sales? Does Ironhide have manual control over it?