Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    She remind me of sarah kerrigan when she was still a terran ghost lol

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Of course paragon is different to Fate as he is a melee character

3. knowmad

knowmad Active Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Taggins is underrated. He’s a nice combination of ranged offense with good defense. That uranium ammo packs a punch. I’ve beaten many impossible missions with him.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #324 L.Lawliet, Sep 29, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    Taggins is probably the easiest hero to use. I think overall he's been the best of the free heroes. I agree the first slot hero is always underrated because they're assumed to be basic. He seems basic but he pretty much is not bad in any regard. I also beat the hardest missions using Taggins. Invul is incredible and Uranium hits HARD. I'll have to buy the rest of the heroes to make a full comparison as I only have bought Sha'tra.

I also think melee units are at a disadvantage in IM. It just seems that there are so many threats that it's better to keep your distance. Going up close takes up time, leaves you open, and lets you take a lot of damage. I wish they would add more HP or something to melee units to balance them. I think the "worst" hero is Paragon. He's not super bad but once his heal is used up, he goes down quick to strong enemies. Smaller enemies he'll do fine but he just can't withstand the front lines. I spend most of my time micromanaging him.

=====

If you want someone different from Fate, use Paragon. He's purely melee. Fate is long range with special abilities that require some micro. Paragon is mostly micro.

5. Meanmug

Meanmug Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I tried using Paragon but he dies fast for me on Impossible. Especially in some of those solo special missions. I have just personally had the most success with Taggings over the other heroes on the harder difficulties.

6. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I agreed, melee heroes seem to be out meta in IM :D only use Sha'tra because he have instant kill a unit and it's really useful to take down some big dangerous enemy :D

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah! Shatra is like a hybrid so he has upsides and downsides. Luckily he does have a long range attack, it's just slow. So he's still useful, whereas Paragon can't do anything if his health is low. Shatra also has the best skill in the game imo, though a bit rng. I have noticed Shatra most often (not always) abducts the strongest enemy in the area. Which is very useful! Since he's partially a melee fighter, his second skill gets good use compared to someone like Kara who has a close combat skill that doesn't match her long range style.

8. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    Because Kara can pack a punch in long engagement but with kinda slow rate of fire, so she can be swarmed by melee attacker, so her 1st ability is make sense. Beside the 1st ability is deal much greater dmg in a very short time, that make it's a good skill against strong enemy. :D

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I have Darwin at max too. Melee, with no heal.

2 AOE skills, one has a good utility that renders him flying and immune to ground based enemies. The other one also offers a bit of utility by weakening enemies.

He has really high move speed, and if you move him past a certain distance, he uses his jetpack for movement which further enhances his movespeed.

The lack of a healing utility is a huge problem though, as when low you basically have to recall him, place him at the back doing nothing while he regens slowly.

His strength is doing good AOE damage while he still has health. Makes him more of a killer of smaller units, which paves way for high damage single target units like snipers and the missilemechs. Having him take care of the smaller enemies also increases the value of having Channelers and those female Empyrin units whose name i forgot. Making them stun the right targets when there arent any smaller targets around. One of his best skills is his movespeed, able to easily sneak around to gather resources or make sure your skills hit the right enemies.

Other than that, he suffers from the usual problems of melee characters.

10. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    Quick question...

Which stage you guys spam to level up hero faster?

Does the hero needs to engage in a fight for it to accumulate exp?

11. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    last level on casual mode, better go full channeller :D
    i learnt that trick from here :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMbhu2RgFM

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I use the first stage on the 2nd planet. Fun and straight forward. No bases to manage either.

Well I can see it as as "last resort" if you get swarmed but since she's a long range fighter imo she should never be getting swarmed. Only time she should get swarmed is if the rest of your team is about to die and she needs to tank (which you should avoid). She should be micro'd to the back or kiting enemies. That's why I think her first skill won't be used that much and to use it effectively you'd have to run into the enemy crowd. It's just my opinion that close range skills aren't that amazing.

13. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Got a Shatrah + Darwin offer i took, waiting for another one.

Maxing Nova... i mean Samus err Fate for now, she is quite good, i love to micro her and her extended invisible one shot, one kill combined with C4 for buildings is tons of fun.

Will try the 3 base heroes after (starting with Raynor... :b ) and then paying ones.

Between heroes, immense tech tree, side missions and difficulty plus a third planet coming soon (seems so at least), this game is easily my GOTY, loved KR but this one is a step ahead.

Fantastic details, impressive bosses, missions are diverse, great work !

14. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    Thanks for this
    - massive exp gain like 3-4 levels
    - around 600 tech points
    - around 300 those points you use to buy consumables

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Finally beat the game. I was taking it slow like savoring a nice wine. I didn't want it to end! The last battle was pretty crazy - I went straight in on veteran. Almost lost but I did it!

I'm incredibly impressed with this game and as of now it's my goty. The ONLY downside is that it's not longer :p I'm going to keep replaying it. One of the greatest improvements this game has over KR is that the upgrade tree is very very substantial. The changes from your upgrade tree add a huge variety to the game with lots of incredible improvements. I've actually avoided looking ahead on the tree to keep the surprise but wow, some units are so different once upgraded. The turret is one example. And other units that have trouble defending themselves suddenly get visible defensive upgrades. One unit even gathers minerals. Ironhide has really outdone themselves. I love KR, but Iron Marines I love even more.

On a side note I recall people having trouble on easy mode. If you grind out levels you can beat and upgrade your tree and hero, it'll make a world of difference.

16. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    #336 WjndWalk3r, Sep 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    I just used it to lvlup heroes that i thought is weak and too lazy to lvling them lol :D

I really love and excited on how the level design wise and changing of learning curve and difficult spike the second world bring to player. World 2 is a game changing level of surprise and need game changing upgrades on the tech tree that support the player :D

17. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    If they update it with a new world before the year ends then its GOTY for me lol

18. Kristavet

Kristavet Member

Oct 2, 2017
    The best RTS on mobiles

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Personally, the content i got, finished in normal and halfway through the next difficulty, and im still swapping through Heroes as i go along (no casual power levelling, but i tested it on Shatra taking him from lv8 to lv10), has been more than worth the $5 i dropped into it.

Getting a game's worth like this is pretty rare nowadays.

My current GOTY, overtaking Darkest Dungeon. Also pretty huge part of my decision being that Iron Marines isnt a port as Darkest Dungeon is.

20. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    Maybe im just looking for more action in IM but overall it was awesome already with the current state

Also DD not on mobiles since it was a port was a big bummer for me