Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Just bought!

2. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Really loving this - but in small to medium bursts, long sessions become a little repetitive. Stumped up for the special offer last night of 2 new heroes (Darwin and Sh't-'a'el'''l.......or whatever he's called!) for £3.99. Didn't really like that the entry price of £5 only gives you 3 heroes but was enjoying it so much that I thought having a few extra characters to mix it up a bit, wouldn't hurt.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm so addicted to this game. Oddly for me it hasn't gotten repetitive. Maybe because on Veteran I'm always on my toes. I can't actually breeze through anything and it takes a lot of managing the characters. In KR if you get a good set up with high upgrades you can just fast forward and do nothing for "most" of the match, aside when bosses come in.

Anyhow, sadly it doesn't seem like there are any other offers in the app. Unfortunately I bought Shatra and that meant there would be no discounts for me. Bummer.

4. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Let's wait mr.X discount mate :D

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I got my ass handed to me on Veteran on level 12. I had to go down to normal after 3 attempts. There's just way too many enemies. Will probably need to get further down the upgrade tree. Also those sniper robots are the most evil enemy in the game! I love all the enemy variations in this game, I feel like they are way more unique than in Kingdom Rush. They all have some special skills, especially all the robot effects.

I'm also itching to try Mark X and all the other heroes. Short on cash though. I'm probably buying the rest of Phoenix Wright.

6. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Is it me or does anyone uses engineers? I havent used them at all... can anyone enlighten me if im missing something?

Also not using channelers though

7. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    both give you strong advantage when fighting boss and structures :D sniper is good against all non-boss enemies because they hit hard and have chance of instant kill. But boss and structures immune to that :D and compare to engineers and channelers against boss and structures, sniper is a useless slowpoke :D

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I agree with you on all points except the last one. Snipers are my favorite unit and I've found them useful in every situation. They are never useless. There are times where it's better to swap them out but they've never been doing nothing. Honestly the ONLY time I swap out snipers is when the front line falls - I switch to standard soldier class. Snipers always deal high damage, insta-kill chance, and have high range. You keep them in the back while other units tank damage. Snipers can thin out the crowd and don't have to be in the front lines to do damage like most soldiers. Also an early upgrade node for snipers allows you to bypass heavy armor so they can do strong damage any type of unit, even bosses. Of course when facing structures you can swap to engineers but snipers can do everything imo.

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    As snipers are meant to take the back seat and pick things off from a distance, it would be nice if their travelling speed was automatically adjusted so when you select a large group of 2-3+ units and direct them all to one location, the snipers automatically drop back and take up position in the rear to provide support. As it is, you have to either send them along separately or try to pick them out of the crowd and give them a second order to reposition.

Also, just have to say that whilst snipers are my favourite standard unit, the consumable mortar teams are simply brilliant - they just have so much character, I smile every time I hear them respond to an issued order; and if you look after them, they can provide some much needed support. Well worth the cost, especially on the defend for x number of minutes spec ops levels.

10. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Hell yeah, Veteran is the only way to fly. I haven't even tried the other difficulties, I will say...I was disappointed when I went to up the challenge and found I had to complete the game first for nightmare. There are only maybe 2 lvls so far that I've had to try more than once to complete. Course, I am a loooong time 40k Dawn of War player, especially Dawn of War 2 with almost 1,000 hours played #. Does that give me an advantage?

11. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    So I finished the game and the last boss can be beat with a fully upgraded Mark X. Hit Deadly Cloud, shotgun crew and it’s game over. He drives around so fast eye beams won’t even hit you. I had two sniper crews, a shellstorm, empyrean that shield your troops, and the channelers, and I let all my troops die because it was too annoying swiping everyone around to avoid the eye beam.

Best part about Mark X is he continues to shoot while he moves which is awesome to use against boss fights. Anyway great game lots of fun, didn’t spend a dollar on gold or any other hero besides Mark X (totally worth it), and I love the versatility of the upgrades and additional crew members which make him a wrecking ball.

The one issue I do have with the game besides not being able to assign squads to a quick slot button, is there is no menu to look at troops or enemies to see info on each unless you’re in a level. All that info should be on the main menu, I should be able to see all the units I can use, what they do as well as any info on enemy abilities.

12. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    All of the above, yup.

13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #313 GiHubb, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    I view the Mark-X as a cheat, he's way over powered. I beat the game on normal using the regular heroes, without needing to repeat levels so tech tree is not fully upgraded, not even close. Now almost done with world 1 on Impossible difficulty, using no consumables and the regular heroes only. Otherwise I feel like I'm cheating myself.

If it's not clear, I'm really enjoying this game! My mobile GOTY so far (although I haven't tried Morphite yet; I didn't like The Witness - felt those line puzzles get way too repetitive and annoying)

14. Meanmug

Meanmug Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I really like Tuggins. I think he is the best all around hero in the game. I tried Mark-X on impossible and he is good but i still do better with Tuggins. Once hes upgraded you can pop his shield near death to not take damage and also heal yourself. His ammo upgrade is gret as well to take out groups of enemies fast. Anyone having a hard time should really level him up and give him a shot.

15. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    Id rather use paragon than tuggins cuz hes more way stronger in all angles

You said tank, paragon upgrades make him ignore some strong attacks

You said heal, paragon not only heal himself but all units nearby him even mechas and while this is activated he will just absorb any damage

You said taking out group of enemies, paragon's basic attack is a cleave attack so it hits multiple targets at once good at eliminating swarms of enemies not to mention his first skill which added more damage to every basic attacks he made

16. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Is Paragon a “send him into the battle whilst you organise other stuff” sort of hero. I could go for that.

I’ve maxed Fate, and loved her, but I felt that to get the best out of her she needed a lot of attention.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    To get the best out of every hero, they will need a lot of attention. But if you really want a send-and-forget (sort of) hero, i think you will like Dr. Graaff. On drone defense mode, his drones heal him and surrounding allies constantly, but his damage output isnt stellar in that mode.

18. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I didn’t really explain myself very well. Now that Fate is “complete”, what hero would you say has the most different style? I guess that’s what I’m after at the end of the day.

19. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    Well to answer your question yes he can do that while you do other stuffs he can stall time for you as long as you press the heal button when hes about to die

By the way i have beaten the game using fate and when most people hates her id say shes really good as long as youre good at doing micro

20. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Cool. Didn’t mind the hero micro; just fancied something different.