Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Makes up for it in terms of game mechanics, actual gameplay, polish, and zero (havent found anything breaking yet) bugs. It's actually cheap for $5 with the quality and variety you get.

Plus, it's Ironhide. Extra content always come expected at this point.

2. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Think it needs Skirmish and multiplayer.

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Man i totaly agree with you. Especially with multiplayer it will be an even more amazing game :)

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm sure skirmish or something similar to endless modes would be added in the future. Maybe not multiplayer since that's a huge amount of work for IH but I'm a mainly single player guy (occasionally co-op) so no multiplayer doesn't bother me a bit.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think randomized maps designed for training other characters (say, 10% exp bonus for example) and resource grinding would be awesome.

6. Wandale

Wandale Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Why not do a multiplayer spinoff next? That would be awesome!

7. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    If they make it multiplayer with alot of new contents and other races that will make this game last for 10 years lol

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Finished the game on Normal and now plowing through Impossible mode. I haven't felt any sort of free to play push at all. This is extremely well balanced with no need to grind. A very good value for $5. Highly polished, great gameplay for mobile by reducing the amount of units on screen you control, can't wait for more content. Thumbs up!

9. Gigi26

Gigi26 New Member

Sep 19, 2017
    a little disapointed by the in apps but its a really good game!

10. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Who is the best hero among the three FREE heroes?
    Who is the best hero among the six PAY heroes?

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Just beat level 8. That was crazy! I did it on normal just barely but on veteran I'm not sure how to do it. I wasn't able to kill the boss in time before the last base went down. I noticed on normal, one time I was able to delay him from destroying the second base (though he did destroy it eventually). I wonder what the trick is? Is there a timing or do you need to just hit it more? In that case I'll probably need to come back on veteran when I have a maxed out hero. I think he was at 1/4th health when I got wiped on veteran.

============

One thing I really love about Iron Marines over KR is that it's very story / experience focused. You'll notice many of the missions have exploration or some cool mechanic, even the bosses are unique. It's incredible and I can see why this game took so long. But the quality is no surprise because we all know what Ironhide puts out.

Anyhow, KR is a solid 10/10 series imo but the way IM adds more interaction is a lot more fun. Holding down the line, rescuing people, dodging meteorites, exploring the fog of war, crazy boss mechanics, etc is all exciting. And one of the biggest signature / popular features from KR is the hero mechanic and moving barracks units into placement (which is when all the Tower Defense apps started to copy it). IM just puts hero control to a whole new level that adds a lot of fun.

12. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I've encounted it 1 time and don't know why too, i saw the boss charge his breath and quickly move all hero and unit out of that base, but some how he stop doing that and starting slam his hand and shoot meteor again, later, i thought he do that again but this time, stayed to see what happend, and he wipe them all lol :D

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    That's exactly what happened with me! I knew it was coming and sold everything (sell your bases before they're inevitably destroyed - RTS 101 :D ). Then he stopped. I wonder if there is some dps check or something. I'll have to play it again. I noticed the units will all die regardless but I haven't tried running the units to another base very far away. I was pretty far off and all my units were killed. But you can save the hero and that's important for quickly defending the new base. In any case, that battle was fun! Really intense.

14. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    there are someone up there said that using embasardor will stun boss and make him super slow, but i'm not using that, just all engineer, so that's not our case :D

15. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    I finished everything on veteran and slowly earning tech point for upgrades

Im the one who said that diplomats are good to slow down tough bosses but upto miniboss only like the bishop in level 7

But in level 8 i guess the boss is debuff immune so youll have to kill him purely by damage

What i did is i used all empyrean melee units first is i can easily navigate them cuz they ran fast so they can elude the meteor shower compared to slow moving mechs second

Second reason is theyre not as pricey when you need to make one when you have the previous bases wipeout and they can be tanky as well cuz snipers die fast and its hard to micromanage separate armies instead of just grabbing all in one go

Lastly i used a fully upgraded paragon cuz when his heal is so useful in this case

Hope this helps

16. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    Sniper are useless against boss, engineer are better when facing giant enemy :D

17. Blankito

Blankito Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Bought it right away! Love it! 5 Stars!

18. xtrgrvyplz

Jul 15, 2012
    #278 xtrgrvyplz, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    You wouldnt say snipers are useless when you beat the second boss on world 2 using only snipers lol

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I got an early ingame sale offer to get both Shatra and Darwin for only $4.

At this point i love the game too much that i should have each character eventually. These ingame flash sales make the decision easier. :D

Thank you Ironhide! :D

20. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    yes, i just bought it too lol :D leveling stra'ta now xD