Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #201 Cilo, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Yes that was the new game mechanic that definitely wasn't explained clearly if at all. It pretty much changed the outcome of the game from that point on.

It's confirmed the purchases don't restore? I can't buy Mark X on my iPhone and get it restored on my iPad?

2. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    use machine gun turret and engineer is faster xD engineer have special gun for "building" :D

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How does that work swapping between the modes what difference does it make?

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #congratulations#

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #205 anthony78, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Agreed. Thanks to all those who offered actual advice instead of just pouring insults onto those who had trouble. I took his and a few others advice and it still took a few more tries but got through Level 4. There are most definitely some tutorial (or lack there of) issues with the game. I was more or less trying to defeat the level with just troops but the added turrets helped immensely.

Still think for “casual”, it’s harder than it should be. Again, I’ve played many RTS games one normal modes and understand the need for strategy which why all the responses making fun of people having problems were particularly infuriating. Those energy zapping flying bugs are a pain in the ass and think they could be introduced at a more gradual rate.

Also going to reiterate my desire for some mid-game save functionality. I think my final run that beat the level took about 35-40 minutes. I usually don’t have that kind of time all at once to play.

6. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    What??? So IAP don't transfer over using cloud?

7. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    For those that were concerned about the grind with long missions, the first bonus.mission is pretty short and has good rewards.

Just finished the first world, super looking forward to what may come in an update!

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I don't see a restore purchases button.

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Woohoo just got level 4 ha ha, great needed 5 times to do it, but I upgraded a lot by playing the first side mission a lot so every time it gotten a bit easier, so upgrading def. helps a lot.

Love the overall feel of the game as menu's and everything else even the game icon looks cool.

10. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I did it at the third time. Used engineers from far with the woman hero who has rocket launchers on her shoulder ( cant remember her name ;) ). It destroyed my second base but killed it...

11. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    yes, the mech is just a slowpoke. 3 engineer squad and 2 machine gun turret will rekt him really fast :D

12. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Anyone have a tactic that works for mission 7?
    I end up getting overwhelmed. I really hate that timer, though I die way before it runs out.

What units work for this, and what kind of start should I use?

13. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    So is there an endless mode or anything?

I really like the TD aspect more than RTS. Definitely going to give it a go just want to know ahead of time!

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Anyone know what the max hero level is yet? Is it just when you max out your skills it stops?

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Level 10

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    On defense mode only Dr. graaff attacks, while the drones heal you and your army with a small regen. On attack mode, the smiley face on dr graaff's screen changes into an angry face and the drones stop healing, and helps lock-on and attack. Once they are locked on, dr graff can move around and the drones stay on their targets and attack.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I imagine it would be the same for ALL unlock purchases for a few years now on iOS. Buying a character unlock you have previously purchased will prompt a sort of "you have previously purchased this, wanna download?" spiel.

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    The most important thing is to use one unit of diplomats which both covers your units with a shield and slows down the bishop. Keep them at a safe distance and let your hero and units work it. Also make sure you destroy the bishop's fortress only after you've upgraded your base towers so they can cause damage as well. I hope this helps, good luck.

19. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Guys, I am getting an iPhone 8 soon, if I buy additional heroes, when I install on the new phone obviously the cloud will pick up my save but will my heroes have to be purchased again?

20. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Just finished level 7 veteran difficulty so heres a lil walkthru of what i did

- keep on creating rocket towers but at the start you wont think its possible cuz the green energy is capped on 50 only but the trick is make sure it is on full before collecting those scattered energy so it will be enough to create rocket towers ( e.g. 100/50 ) same goes when youre upgrading their 80 cost upgrade

- keep on exploring the map for additional unit cap i was able to finish it with 5/5 units ( 2 rocket mech, 1 sniper, one empyrean melee and one empyrean that gives shields

- keep on stabilizing the base near the main enemy base as much as possible i was able to capture it with 5 mins remaining

- if theres only 2 mins left position everyone in a scatter get your hero and some units not all to attack where the miniboss will spawn then run your units back again to your base for the tower support

- the empyrean shielders are key unit here cuz they will make the miniboss attack very slow

- have the drop canon upgrade where it will have feet to walk so you can use it to lure or attacks some enemies

Hope this helps