Universal Iron Marines (By Ironhide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Sep 13, 2017.

1. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Nope, 99$ is for giant pile of 2nd currency that only can buy some ingame "cheat" cannot buy the hero with it, the heroes sell separately with real money can be sale off in the future

2. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    The most expensive hero is 6.99. The 99 is for credits.

Edit: beaten from above!

With regards the mission 4 discussion I have to agree with whoever it was that said it's the change in play style rather than an epic spike in difficulty.

You have to dig in and go slowly where the previous missions were much faster, encouraging run and gun. I'm not sure the game does a great job of indicating this at such an early stage.

All in all, I think it's a beauty. To anyone who is frustrated by it, keep at it.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just hit buy (still downloading), but i admit i cringed when i saw here that the IAPs go up to $99 and there are ads as well to watch in exchange fr additional currency. Just something i dont want on my premium titles.

Other than that, i cant wait to play the game out with the glowing gameplay reviews and all. Hopefully none of these IAPs and ads show up (not even those reminders that you can buy IAPs and crap like that). As long as i can play the game without those IAP options showing up in my face, i am willing to ignore they are somewhere in the game.

As for premium unlock IAPs, those, im good with and be willing to drop a few coins in.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    After three tries @ normal I passed level 4.. Easy peasy with fate. I love her!!! Cast invisibility lay a mine and kaboom!!! Lol.
    Fate was just level 1!!

5. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    fate is really good for first spec ops mission, 1 man army defense a small point lol xD

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I really don't get the comment on IAP I haven't used any of the currency I've earnt as I always consider it cheating I like to do each mission on its own. As for heroes honestly there isn't one with abilities that makes me want to buy it.

At the moment I'm still using Kara, I give Paragon a little try it is tempting to have a tank hero but his health does drop fast while his heal is on cd.

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Planning on picking up either dr graaff or ajax... because their robots/mecha. Anyone have any reviews on them?

Ajax is a mech, right? I wish i can see what they look like in-game before i purchase them.

8. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Paragon is damn good!! Flanked by the two jedis lol.. They do look like jedis with light sabers and snipers I took down the entire colony!!!
    BTW level 5 is easier than 4 like 3 times!

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #189 Exact-Psience, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Is it just me, or is Dr Graaff a nod to Dr. Doom (Marvel) with his Doombots, and a bit more with Dr. Boom (Hearthstone/WoW) with the exploding Boombots/drones?

By the way, i bought Dr. Graaff coz of the Dr. doom reference. One of my favorite marvel characters evar. ;)

10. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    There are so many iconic and famous "easter egg" in achievement and in game, in map that i wonder does they have to ask for permission to put those easter egg in the game ? or just redraw with their style ? lol xD

11. xtrgrvyplz

xtrgrvyplz Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    As someone who finished the game in casual mode i tried the veteran with less than half the tech tree upgraded( mostly offensive techs ) and with fate lv.9 i tried level 4 in veteran mode.. beat it in one go

Heres the strat i used i stayed idle on the primary base until everything is fully upgraded except level 3 shield until i tried to conquer the base on the middle

Keep in mind that the upper base keep sending those flying units that siphon your green energy so makes everything slow so i just stationed sniper and anti-air mech

Before you can fully upgrade the middle base there will be a huge swarm to attack there so thats where fate shines cuz of her nuke and dropguns are also main trick there make sure to drop it where all the enemies stays in one place

Once youre fully upgraded with the 2 main bases in the middle you can just use fate and an infantry to conquer either the north or south bases and no need to bring your full army there

Heres the trick, put your anti-air mech to a place where they can reach either of the bases from the middle base in that case they can still defend the middle base while helping you clear the other bases from afar

So rinse and repeat dont conquer until you have enough money to place a base and 2 tower with shield upgrade at once so dont attack empty handed

Hope this helps

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Havent tried any other characters yet, but Dr Graaff's versatility between his Attack and Defense mode, and the option to deal high burst damage by sacrificing his boombots. Really enjoying this game right now. It's the only thing that has pried me away from Darkest Dungeons right now. Ahahahaha

13. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Almost got level 4 only 40 seconds left to save the batterys and I died ouch, but I know now what to do, glad that I sticked with it.

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
  15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I actually got through destroying all outposts in mission 4, only to find out they were gonna be overrun unless upgraded. Had to go through the outposts again in the same run babysitting each outpost i captured before moving on to the next. Completed it on the first try (normal mode) but that overrun on 2 of my outposts caught me offguard at first.

Overall, that mission was pretty intense. :D

Ive only unlocked and used Dr. Graaff so far, but im confidently glad to say this game is pretty premium. IAPs are for cheating your way out. Im sure these "cheats" will be vital to later stages and difficulties, but that is why we get these coins in-game as well.

I hope it helps those on-the-fence on getting this game coz of the IAPs. It's a premium, throuh and through.

16. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    so sad :( i want a siege-able tank, not a crew jump out with a shotgun :D

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The tank has two attacks, turret and machine guns and can attack while moving. Shotgun crew is icing on the cake.

18. WjndWalk3r

Apr 22, 2015
    It's cute and feel like Metal Slug tank, but not the Starcraft tank :D

19. dawsonsmythe

dawsonsmythe New Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Thanks to Son of Anarchy for the walkthrough for level 4 (especially given that a lot of people just wanted to brag how easy they found level 4 without offering any advice). What I was missing was that you could build new turrets at each new base you capture.

20. Pressi

Pressi Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Is that the big base destroying boss? Just use a lot of brawler mechs and punch him to death.