Universal Iron Blade: Medieval Legends RPG (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, May 24, 2017.

1. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I had those issues also. The game LOOKS like it'd be great, but the controls are awful.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This is off topic, but how? Gangstar NOLA is literally only has 5% of the gameplay elements that San Andreas has, even having LESS content that its predecessor at launch.

3. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I wish they would add a button for heavy attack and for changing targets,that would help quite a lot.It would make thing much better but again-Gameloft is having a hard time gathering feedback for the game it would appear.

4. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    That would definitely help. I wish they'd tighten up the movement controls. Right now, it's frustrating,

5. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Fun game but Game freezes on every victory

when I finish a level or fortress fight the game freezes right at the point I am getting experience points

i am forced to reset the game and reopen

running 1.03, though the game worked earlier before the update
    I deleted and reinstalled

darrin

6. Nivak

Nivak Member

Mar 12, 2015
    How to use Second weapon (axe)?

7. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    #27 dunhila, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017
    Hold you finger on the screen(long press/tap) to activate second weapon.Do it on the right side of the screen!

8. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Im surprised this a gameloft game. It doesnt crash, you dont hit paywall after 30 minutes and its actually fun to play. I wonder if its one time thing or Gameloft just made mistake by releasing good game

9. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    So, yeah, opened two premium chests and I'm still stuck two points from the required level to fight the chapter 3 boss (need 800 attack, have 798), and I can't evolve anything because the quantities it requires are so high and the events dole them out so slowly, and I can't fuse any of my weapons because it swiftly costs into five figures to get a 3-star weapon up a level, and I can't hoard the weapons because the game will not let you play anything where you might get a weapon as reward at all if you don't have the inventory space, and upgrading your inventory space takes more premium currency... and that's not mentioning the constant bugs, glitches and crashing. Seriously, do you people not realize what you sound like? :p It's an utterly typical F2P Gameloft grindfest, end of story - sure, it's a nice little combat system when it works and you can definitely have some fun here if you've got the patience. But no, they didn't "accidentally release a good game" (Christ, stop it, my sides). It's exactly as pay-to-advance as all their others.

(And I beat Chapter 1 on Normal and Hard, and Chapter 2 on Normal - I'd have done 2 on Hard as well but I cannot 3-star that boss for the life of me given it's fifty-fifty whether the specials fire off in the right direction, and the heavy attack only triggers like one in ten times, if that. Not to mention you should be free to attempt any level you've unlocked on any difficulty straight away, and the only reason you can't is to try and get you to spend money - if you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself, so sorry. There's a nifty little game in here, somewhere, but it is monetised to the hilt.)

10. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    As someone who hasn't spend any money on the game so far and hates Gameloft,I have do disagree with you.You are doing something wrong.Are you upgrading all weapons and not just the main one?Also just focus on leveling up as each level gives you keys to open boxes you also get a free chest every 3 or 4 hours which also help.Also some missions could give you up to 15 normal keys for chests.I have opened over 6 regular and 2 normal gear chests today just from leveling up (played around one hour and something).The fact is most people on here agree the game is not a grindfest and paywalled so you are playing it wrong.

11. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I erased it after 4 hours of struggle, crashes, freezes, slow progression, but trying to like it and hoping it won't be pay to play, which I was wrong; I agree with everything you said, it's just another play to progress t*@$h from gameloft; people have the right to like any game they want, to defend it too, and my opinion doesn't mean anything, but what what can I do, I'm sticking to it.

12. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Just finished chapter 6 and I have to admit this might be one of the best Gameloft games in recent years.Chapter 7,mission 1 is in a really cool forest environment and the trees in the background are on fire which look great,the game is pushing the boundaries of graphical fidelity on mobile.Also I got this really cool axe that comes with a great magical attack that deals tons of damage(5-6 hits with the axe while it is glowing in green).

Good job Gameloft,good game.Wish they would add better controls and fix some of the bugs and if possible get a little better rewards for PVP but otherwise game is top notch!

13. Anonomation

With all things said by the other users, and as someone who's played Gameloft games for many years, none of Gamelofts newer games hold a candle to what they used to be, the definition of what "mobile gaming" on smartphones was. Now they're just doing what everyone else is, they aren't trying anything new. Every single one of the games on their main line such as Gangstar and Asphalt have progress hindering freemuim elements thrown into them.

Playing the game myself, I can't see why you're saying this, both you and TechAmazing talked about how great this game is and how much better it is than recent Gameloft releases, yet it has very similar monetization practices. You guys were very supportive of both this game and Gangstar New Orleans, both of which I'm struggling and FORCING myself to enjoy, and it's rather strange.

14. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    I haven't been supportive of Gangstar New Orleans to a great extent,there you can really feel the grind needed to advance,it is still playable if you are patient but it has nothing on Iron Blade.I just finished chapter 7 and with each new chapter there is great looking new environment.I am not stating that this game is the best thing to ever be developed but it is the best thing to come out of Gameloft in the past maybe 2 years at least.It does push graphical boundaries,it is an amazing looking game and the mechanics are simple yet fun.Fact of the matter is I don't know why no one is following my strategy of just focusing on leveling up first then tackling the story/campaign.Leveling up is quite easy when you unlock extreme mission(they give ton of XP and you can level up in 1-2 or 3 missions time).Each level gives you different rewards-some times rubies,some times keys for chests,extra energy for PVP and gold ofc.
    If you need better gear-REPLAY mission,after you do a mission a certain number of times you will get better items depending on what the mission offers as possible rewards for completion.I got a sick sword from playing this one mission for 3-4 times that carried me through an entire chapter.It was a 3 star sword(purple)!I have gotten a purple axe,purple bow,purple armor,purple shield and they are doing me well so far,I just have to level them up and there was a fast way to do that yesterday at the event that gave heroic XP bonuses for weapons.You win the event at hard or even easy and you get 2 pieces of those fusion boosters and they are enough to level up a piece of equipment for at least 2-3 levels.
    I believe you guys just haven't learned the game well at this point in time and that is why you are having issues.PVP is enough to give you coins to trade for premium gear chest once a day and for a regular one too.Also I believe you aren't trying to beat missions that show a yellow or red chance of success(you can beat them,I have done it a couple of times).

I am sorry but for this one game I have to disagree with you and again I say-Gameloft is not a great company,I certainly don't care for them much anymore.

15. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I got atleast blue in each slot apart bow. Seriously i did one mission like 20 times and still no bow :(

16. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    I do wish a community manager from Gameloft dropped by here to talk to us like it happened in the Modern Combat Versus thread.It is weird that one game gets a PR person to represent it but another doesn't.I guess Gameloft doesn't consider this game such a big deal but for me it seems much more interesting than MCV because it has a SP aspect.

I've looked though the Gameloft forums of the game and the discussion isn't happening there either,neither on Twitter both on Gameloft channel and Iron Blade channel,so I have no idea where you can actually submit some feedback for the game :(

17. Anonomation

That's because the Gameloft community managers were driven away.

18. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010

Agree 350%. Gameloft from 2009-2012 made some truly outstanding games. They were "console" games on mobile. Hero of Spartan... I think it was called was a god of War type game that had all kinds of upgrades for different weapons and armor and it was outstanding. They had FPS, Final Fantasy type RPGs that was 3rd person party exploration type, Uncharted games.... and they played perfectly.

19. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Just me or is the hype around Gameloft games dying faster with each new game they release?Like this game got barely 4 pages of comments and no one is discussing it anymore.

20. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    That's why I avoid anything Gameloft like the plague. It's all pay2win and paywalls galore