Universal Ire - Blood Memory (by 10Birds)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    @AppUnwrapper:
    The blue warrior is a summon, a Boon. A boon can be very helpful at times, and they can be summoned from the Shield of the Sentinels. The red warrior is an invader, and we call them the Corrupt. They must be put out of their misery.

2. Oh cool. Looking forward to playing. :)

3. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    @EggYolkeo:
    So, I'm about to catch a nap for a couple of hours before I head to the office. Could you give more details as to what is going on? It would also help to know if you were able to create a nickname or have your Guest ID. iPhone 6 runs rather well, and I cannot think of a reason why it shouldn't be running. DM me if that suits you, and I will check with devs in a few hours. Or... TA forum, /u/EggYolkeo needs your assistance! Assist your fellow Boon!

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I tried this because i really like the visuals and the design. But the combat is too slow and clunky, even with the so called "swift attacking" claws. The greatsword is exactly the same from MHFU, and the lance, i didn't even try.

Other things that irked me was that there is only one character, only one weapon (to choose a different type you have to restart the whole thing after deleting).

Well done to the devs for coming out of nowhere for such a solid first try, especially on the art / design and animations department. But if you like fast paced combat, be warned.

Hopefully they will add more characters and a fast weapon type for fluid combat (for real this time, like dual swords in MH) even as IAP, i would buy to support you guys!

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Nope. You can just switch weapons, as soon as you find or forge a weapon of one of the other types.

As for the combat, no, it is not fast at all, for a realtime melee system. By design. It has weight instead, and a pondersome depth to its strategy. But make no mistake, reflexes are paramount, and when the going really gets tough, you won't have time to react to everything regardless.

So reaction time and fast pace become important elements as well.

And fast or slow, this combat system relies on and rewards player skill, precision, wit and strategy in the midst of the moment like few others on the platform.

6. EggYolkeo

EggYolkeo Active Member

Jan 8, 2014
    #86 EggYolkeo, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    [QUOTEI'm about to catch a nap for a couple of hours before I head to the office. Could you give more details as to what is going on?]

@mwryu
    I made it in! No idea what was going on. I was in reach of wifi all the time. Turned phone on and off. Then all of a sudden I managed to get passed the login and now it's all good. Having a lot of fun with this so far!

7. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    안녕!!!I think the controls really needs to get fixed on ipad... The stick is too far from the border. Its sensitivity should be adjustable. And the buttons are too big and should be... Adjustable too... ㅠㅠ

8. I gave this a bit of a spin. I love the graphics and sound effects. But not digging the actual gameplay. There are so many buttons, I spend more time looking at the buttons than at the battle itself. I also find it hard sometimes to tell if I'm lined up with an enemy before attacking. I'm using the lance, and sometimes I think it looks like I'm facing the enemy, but my guy attacks off to the side instead.

Also...is there no way to do anything without consuming SP? It seems even evading uses it and movement is slow, so I feel like a sitting duck when I run out of SP. I can't run, just stand there and take it while I wait for it to replenish. Am I missing something? Do any of those buttons attack without consuming SP?

9. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    You've never played/seen dark souls before? Dodging and attacking use stamina-- just like real life! That's why you strafe so you can save dodges for when you really need it. This isn't a button masher.

10. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Does anyone know what kind of mfi controllers it supports? Does it support the logitech powershell?

11. CRAYTATO

CRAYTATO Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Finally got to try out the game after work; I played 15 minutes and was thoroughly impressed the entire time. The animations, movement, and overall combat felt very smooth and fluid. There is definitely a Souls essence in the gameplay, which made me smile from ear to ear. Also, the backstab animations... Oh my god, I need an estus flask now! Amazing job, I tip my metaphorical fedora and my wine glass to 10Birds.

On the downside, the interface outside of combat has a cluttered look to it and looks convoluted to navigate. But I can understand given the 'free to play' nature of it, I'm just very happy the creators prioritized gameplay above all else. By the way, can you parry in this game? :)

12. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    Coming Updates

*Future Update Notice:
    Bug Fix
    - Exit Shop issue on select devices.
    - Inventory preview issue.
    - Floating ravens.
    Task/Process Improvements:
    - Graphics performance optimisation.
    - Memory management.
    - AI performance and calibration.
    - Balancing.

13. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    안녕 하새요. Please fix the controls on ipad air as it s unplayable as of now... 고맙습니다

14. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    #95 mwryu, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    @ramzarules:
    You're right about the "Be Warned." We deliberately slowed everything down. One reason for this was that we wanted to reawaken a primal and reactive choice/decision making part of a users senses (Not sure if that makes any sense). But, it's basic. every action has a consequence, and we wanted you to feel that. If you make a wrong split-second decision we wanted you to feel that. In that sense, Ire can be very rewarding or very punishing as you progress.

We are all about dual-wielding weapons and swifter combat. It will take some time to get to that point. With the current build, we wanted to create the main branches of combat. We are hoping that this will be a project that can be grown over a long period.

@Ayjona:
    Brought up the subject to see if we could allow/support name change. I was yelled at. I yelled back, but alas, my decibel was lower. Btw, well-put about the combat. I just realised that you described it perfectly.

@EggYolkeo:
    YES! I am so glad! I came in early this morning, but a certain company that services certain apps sent us a certain Email asking us to do certain things that may certainly beneficial for Ire, which made us have an emergency meeting in regards to that certain company. Fingers crossed.

@AppUnwrapper:
    Firstly, thank you for the play video.The lance does attack off to the side a little bit. This offset was part of balancing, and we needed to give it an exploitable weakness. Actually, one of the reasons the lance is difficult to use is because of me. I fracking hate lance invaders and dueling with you guys in atonement, because I am rubbish when it comes to PvP. However, the lance is a very versatile weapon once you get the hang of it.

You mentioned SP... Stamina management is essential. Yes, we are cruel. You can cancel targeting and run away.

@bored2death:
    We weren't able to test on a lot of controllers. Unsure if it works on the Logitech Powershell. But MFi share basic architecture so it shouldn't be too much a problem. Many of the buttons/UI you will still have to push. Having issues with the Shield Controller mapping (Android).

@CRAYTATO:
    \[T]/Estus up and praise the sun! We will work on the interface. There is so much to do! Parry didn't make it in this time. We realised that Unity3d and device performance issues made a parry function a bit unreliable. Also, the UI... OTL

@Skall:
    The devs were talking about you when I got to the office today. I mean they were talking about your feedback. Trying multiple things, but I am not sure where that will be sequenced in terms of work-order number. But, it's been received. If you want, you might want to DM me.

Thanks guys for the comments and feedback. Have a super duper day!

15. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009

For the buttons/virtual stick size and place, i would advise you follow the example of games from dotemu like garou mark of the wolf were you can setup the whole thing as you wish~~~

16. #97 AppUnwrapper, May 15, 2015
    I just noticed I picked up a pair of claws somewhere, so I'll equip them and give 'em a try. But still wish you guys found another control scheme besides filling the right side of the screen with buttons.

I know it's a different game and I could just go play Implosion if I want (especially if I can't get into this one). But the reason their buttons work is bc they're all in the corner near your thumb and don't require much attention to press the right one. But this game has me paying attention to the buttons more than anything else. The best touchscreen controls will have you not even thinking about them.

Also, three different currencies? Ugh.

Edit: I just noticed every single screenshot in the App Store description is lacking the buttons. Please tell me there's an alternate control scheme I missed and it's not just a way to show off the art without the on-screen clutter?

I absolutely love the look of this game, and really want to like it.

17. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    #98 mwryu, May 15, 2015
    Ouch! Again, will work on all of the above. This will be a long and painful process.

Edit: @AppUnwrapper:
    MFi or other game contollers :(
    (*Sigh*) Thanks, really, for the feedback. Will try harder. I'm just very glad you gave it a try.

18. I play games on my iPhone/iPad because I like the tactile, intimate feel. I like holding the device in my hand and really have no wish to play on it like it's a TV.

If you're at least working on improving the controls, that gives me hope (as opposed to just saying they're fine as is and leaving them alone). So if you are working on it, thanks. :)

19. pimago

pimago Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nice game. One thing I really like about Ire is how satisfying it is when the weapon strikes something.

Initially, when I'm in the menu related screens, I was often confused as to which button I'm supposed to click in order to proceed further. Eventually got used to the quirks though.