Universal Ire - Blood Memory (by 10Birds)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Damn it requires iOS8 :(
    Well, I have no plans on updating just yet but I'll definitely be putting this on my wish list ;)

2. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Does it run on the retina iPad Mini?

3. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Ok this game is pushing into the GOTY category for me, it's really THAT GOOD!

I'm playing on an iPhone 5c, and it runs like a dream, smooth, no stuttering, no crashing.
    Combat is strategic and precise without feeling slow, and their is a complexity to the fight system beyond just button mashing (that will get you killed)

The dev write up a few pages back in this thread convinced me to throw money at them.
    This just proves that small devoted game companies can really push out high quality games that focus on the gamer experience first.

A+ !

Sincerely hope you get the attention this game deserves, it is clearly a labour of love and can only get better over time with more support.

4. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    #44 mwryu, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    @nicodemus82:
    Being on your wish list is our wish, and we are honored.

@Jakeopp:
    Full disclosure, and people are going to downvote me on this, but we really did not test properly on the iPad Mini devices. That was a huge oversight. We eff-ed up on that. On paper, it should run on it. Currently in the process of procuring a retina iPad Mini from another indie dev via motorcycle messenger.

@KeKhan:
    Thank you for the extremely encouraging words. Way too much praise makes us pee our pants. We have sooooo(goooogle)oooo much more we need to look into and improve. Basically, it feels like going back to boot camp. That's what it will be like. Can't lose sight of that.

5. CRAYTATO

CRAYTATO Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    You had me at "kind of Dark Souls-ish". Those words are an instant buy from a Souls fanatic. Let the praising of suns begin.

fake edit: those screenshots are glorious. its 1am and i am now hyped on a work day. darnit all

6. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    \[T]/ _ (Sunbro dropping the mic.) Haha~ Thanks! Yes, the Souls were deeply inspiring. And, no, you really should go to sleep... I think.

7. Zynaerys

Zynaerys Member

Aug 27, 2014
    THIS GAME IS AWESOME! I've been using the great sword for a while now and I really like the weight of it :) And the combos man, so satisfying hahaha. The only gripe I have with it is the evasion. (there's like a half second pause before evading)

8. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Well I guess you totally wrote, what I was about to write ;)

9. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    What are the options for character creation? Male and female? Choice of weapons like bows, axes or just melee?

10. iAjent

iAjent Active Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Employed (I can't tell you what I do, it's a secre
    Greater Manchester, UK
    #50 iAjent, May 14, 2015
    Just a quick question - maybe a dev or someone using an MFi controller can help.

What is the button for locking on to enemies? Might I suggest a page in the options menu that shows the controller overlay for MFi controllers?

Other than that, this is a very awesome game. I've only played a few minutes, but I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far.

Edit: Played a bit more and I think I figured it out. You automatically lock onto enemies and left trigger disengages/ switches target. Also, the game just keeps getting better and better. The IAP stuff seems really fair so far (it's almost like the dev mentioned in their post - the IAP's are almost a way to just support the devs but at the same time they give you something in game for the cost). So far I don't see how I am going to 'need' to purchase an IAP item. Awesome job guys.

11. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    #51 poppichicken, May 14, 2015
    Wow! This game came out of nowhere!

I've finished both Dark Souls games, and loved them to bits.
    I can only look on jealously as a friend plays Bloodborne (I am PS4-less).

This game though... even though it isn't a Souls game per se, it captures the *feel* of one.
    I was shocked when I rolled past an enemy, turned around, and backstabbed it! That was *immensely* satisfying!

Thank you devs - you've created a mobile classic here.
    I can only hope that you achieve the success that you deserve.

Right, I'm off to buy a gem pack in support of your efforts.

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This is a very well designed game in terms of mechanics, enemy design and overall presentation but I can't ignore all the freemium trappings. It's always a bad sign when there isn't even a single non-consumable iAP available like a multiplier and meanwhile packs of $100 are being sold. I wish you guys all the best and hope eventually you can produce a premium game.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Imagine if they did some marketing and had a hype man!

14. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I tried out the lance (Halberd user from souls games) and it felt way more like monster hunters lance :p so I might switch to the gauntlets. I did notice my controls kept changing though? It seems like there are 2 move sets and I couldn't figure out what toggles them, I'm going to play tonight with my controller though and see how that goes. Thank you for answering my question and congrats on your global world (soft hehe) launch, hopefully TA can give you guys an early boost!

PS bloodborne is an amazing game, got the platinum and loved every second. Consider it an after launch treat for yourself dev _0/

15. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    All right, people. I've been lurking and listening. There's just too much praise and positive feedback to ignore. Downloading now. I will be giving this a go on my iPad mini 2/retina. Will report on how it goes.

(And to those wanting to support our friendly indie developers: Don't forget those AppStore reviews.)

16. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Up and running well so far on iPad mini retina with all graphical options on.
    Currently sitting at 918MB of memory.
    I've barely started, and don't have much time to play right now, but it seems to be a go. Looking forward to more.

17. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I've never played darks souls or bloodborne but I give this game a go anyway :)

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Devs, is there any way to delete a character and start over once the info has synced to the cloud?

19. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Why do u need to delete the character u are able to use any weapon once u finish the first chapter and u get the two other weapons to use as a reward for finishing the first chapter

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    True that. Nah, this is about the name.