Universal Ire - Blood Memory (by 10Birds)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Can this be played offline? For something like Dark Souls, i don't want to invest so much time into it then one day they shut down servers because they don't want to maintain it anymore.

Edit: Looks like it does. It was hidden in the description.

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Anyone get it working on their iPad mini? Mine crashes as soon as I enter a quest.

3. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT

I thought it was just me. Glad you confirm it. I was also wondering and trying around the shop to find like how do I freaking get out of this thing. Eventually I gave up and just force quit. Lol

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #24 Ayjona, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    That's the thing about grinding: if the combat mechanics are truly skill/twitch-based and encounters remain challenging*, grinding just becomes playing the game, and having fun. And from your description, it sounds like Ire mihgt just offer that :)

* In general, grinding in f2+ games are the opposite of this, and such games rarely feature combat which is actually challenging and fun in ITSELF, when you strip away progression and the greater context.

5. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Why is this game free? Is there an unlock function? Or is it reliant on the optional gem purchases? It doesn't seem to be a social rpg type game so I'm confused and pretty excited

6. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    #26 PeteOzzy, May 13, 2015
    I entirely agree. It's safe to say the combat is challenging, as I nearly wiped out facing the boss of only the second level. The best part being that I knew I could do better and I wanted to try again to see if I could. I've taken a lot of enjoyment from replaying too as those hefty swings and precise rolls just feel incredibly satisfying.

I enjoy a grind in most premium RPGs, but this is something else. The "physical" rewards are secondary to the gameplay itself, I'm not thinking about the loot at the end of a run at all.

There are no social features at all, as far as I can tell. No premium unlock either and while I'm inclined to say that's unfortunate, there's no content locked behind walls besides getting more of something you can already earn. I'll always pick a premium product, but this is F2P done very well for everyone involved (as far as I can tell in the early days, of course).

7. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #27 Based Xatu, May 13, 2015
    From the developer :

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow that seems legit awesome!

9. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Haven't played the DS games but I'm obsessed with bloodborne!! Besides the gothic theme this resembles it quite a bit :)

Please tell me this game is releasing worldwide tonight with the other games

10. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    Dev here. Just got call from NZ and AU to get my butt over into TA. In a cab headed to office. Will connect with you guys as soon as I can. Still in zombie-mode; got home early this morning from work. Will grab coffee and red bull on the way.

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That's an awesome read. I was already going to download the game like it was the only remaining samurai sword in a zombie apocalypse, but hearing the developers explain their sentiments and intentions and design principles (especially in such a humble, forthcoming manner) definitively ups the appeal of the game.

12. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    @mwryu and dev team.. That's a great write up about your company/game! Sounds like this is quite the labour of love, I'll definitely be checking it out and spreading the word about it :) my question is does the game support cross device syncing? I can pick up on my phone where I leave off on my iPad?

Best of luck and looking forward to this and any more games you guys put out!

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm going to give this a shot but I have a feeling this is going to be another great game trapped beneath freemium shenanigans.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    No way. Didnt you see Pete saying he doesnt see any need to do buy IAP as you get plenty of currency as is.

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Opening impressions for freemium games are always positive as they are intended to entice players. The grind always gets progressively more and more intolerable. This game makes me think of what Implosion might have become if Rayark had gone full-on freemium with that amazing product. Either way, I haven't tried it yet so I'm still on the fence but it will take some mighty strong convincing to keep me playing a freemium action RPG.

16. mwryu

mwryu Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Game Concept Developer
    Seoul
    #36 mwryu, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Pandemonium here at Tenbirds. We were expecting a quiet roll-out, and it's not "Officially" released as of yet. Hmmm... not that quiet. Now that I've had my caffeine fix I will dive into the comments. (Serious) Yes, everyone take /u/PeteOzzy's feedback with a pinch of salt as he mentioned. /u/PeteOzzy appears to be a wise old wizard, like Gandalf the White.

@PeteOzzy:
    Thank you for posting. You beat me to the punch. I was going to post later tonight when Ire was released officially, world-wide and global, on both iOS and Android. Android should be up in a few hours. This is a simultaneous release. I appreciate a lot of the clarifications and game details you have provided. Closing the Shop menu has a bug on the iPad. This issue is fixed and ready for the update. The force close was not deliberate, scouts honor (Yes, I used to be a boy scout).

@sivad:
    We had planned a soft launch... but, what the heck, why not? Let's "soft launch" globally. Don't know if that was a smart thing. Server programmer is giving me the evil eye.

@Sexy Pirate:
    I want to be one.

@KeKhan:
    Haha! No pressure... (Hurl!) Sorry about the iPad Mini. If we could buy you an Air or above we would. I will put this into our to-do list, just in case, and for you. Yes, expect some bugs and crashes, not because we are indies, but because we weren't able to outsource our QA. But, no excuses. Excuses don't belong here. What a mess... I personally apologize for that. I feel really bad. Devs are looking into it.

@Vovin:
    No! Don't play this game!! I will see you in Lost Izalith.

@Based Xatu:
    Great to see you here! (Frown) Yes, it is still IAP. Thank you for the x-post of my TL;DR.

@L.Lawliet:
    We weren't trying to hide anything. Argh, it's a long read, I know...

@Ayjona:
    Much grinding. Wait till you hit different stages of Pilgrimage when the AI patterns and mob variations kick in. Thank you for reading /u/Based Xatu's x-post.

@geno11233:
    I've been officially banned from playing Bloodborne by my studio mates. This bites. How do you like it so far--Bloodborne? Let me leech off you. Yes, the game will be released worldwide.

@mwryu:
    Reminder to self, get more coffee and red bull.

@baldeagle86:
    ATTENTION MULTIPLE DEVICE USERS. /u/baldeagle86 HAD A VERY RELEVANT QUESTION. Yes, cross device syncing is supported if you are using Game Center login. Also, from what I hear you can migrate your info from iOS device to Android.

@sapphire_neo:
    We are all about shenanigans. We are shenanigans? Anyway, if it is really very bad you will let us know. We will try as humanly possible not to slight the users. Thus, this initial launch is very important for us to find our bearings. Btw, we love Implosion #greenwithenvy.

@Amenbrother:
    Yes, IAP is not as strong compared to other games... (Shameless panhandling) But, for the love of (insert what you dearly love), click on that IAP?

Again, thank you for the post and the comments. I know it's very early if not a bit premature at this point. Btw, at no point while typing was I sassing, or intending to sass you. I/We take your posts with a serious frame of mind behind all the smiles and laughs. Will go talk with devs now about the comments here. Whew... Wow, thank you.

Attached Files:

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Agreed Sapphire. I'll dip my toes in anyway.

18. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I already fully love this game but I have to admit I love it a little more thanks to the brilliant dev responses!

I was worried about the difficulty, but I'm getting better with every level. I was worried about the freemium elements but I'm getting more powerful and struggling less. Even my worries about the menu bug are allayed knowing an update is coming soon. I expected to reluctantly delete this, now I'm worried I won't have enough free time to play anything else!

Thank you for the beautiful game guys.

19. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013

Indie Dev with humor and a beaut of a game that I haven't touched yet except in screen shots... I will take his advice and support, as soon as available that is...

20. Downloading this now because those enemies just look amazing. Hoping it doesn't play like a Freemium game.