iPose: 3D Posable Hotness RELEASED! Free promos for tweets, plus $50 iTunes giveaway!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by mklaurence, Jun 28, 2009.

1. mklaurence

mklaurence Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    Chicago, IL
    Hey everybody,

iPose: 3D Posable Hotness has just been released into the app store (@ $0.99)! You can now have your very own virtual marionette to yank around as you see fit, complete with sexy attire, tropical locales, and the best iPhone party trick yet - Pose Pal (TM) camera mode. Just kidding about the TM, though. It's not really trademarked. But seriously, that lighter app ain't going to hold a candle (HA!) to your photo of Jimmy with some lady punching him out, is it?

[​IMG]

Because we at Punkbot absolutely love a good contest, we're celebrating the release with two of 'em!

The first:

For the next ten hours, we will give away one promo code per hour, selected from folks who tweet something containing #iPose AND the url http://bit.ly/ipose . (Note: if you mention something about it being a sexy new app for the iPhone, etc., you'll have a better chance!)

The second:

In honor of Independence Day, we are having a screenshot contest with two $25 iTunes gift cards as prizes! Use iPose and the camera/photo library scene mode to generate a patriotic screenshot (like some dude waving an American flag) and send it to [email protected] . One $25 gift card will be given to our favorite male & female screenshot, respectively, and will be showcased on our website and the App Store. (Legal note: Punkbot reserves the right to use all submitted images for marketing purposes, e.g., use in the App Store, on our website, or anywhere else we want to show off some screenshot love. We will try to attribute credit where we can!)

Additional contest rules:
    - Only 2 male and 2 female screenshots allowed per user. So send your two best for each!
    - Two *different* users will win the gift cards - that's why we're giving away two!
    - Contest ends 11:59 PM CST July 3rd. We want to show off the pics on July 4th!

Note: you can take a screenshot on the iPhone by holding the on/off button on the top right and pressing the home button. The image will then be in your photos folder.

Hope you guys enjoy the app! Also, please review the app if you snag a promo code, and feel free to suggest features or control improvements in our forums. We know the rotation mode in particular needs some work, and we'd love to hear how you'd like to see it best implemented!

2. TimothyR

TimothyR Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    I tweeted a tweet. ;)

3. Over/under on the number of submitted screenshots of the models in rude poses? Let's say 100, and I'll take "over."

4. mklaurence

Jun 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    Chicago, IL
    I can only hope for 100 visual metaphors involving a flagpole...

5. mklaurence

Jun 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    Chicago, IL
    #5 mklaurence, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    Well, it seems as though not everyone is eager to preemptively proclaim their adoration of virtual 3D vixens into the twitterscape ;-) Many kudos to those that did, though!

Nevertheless, I would definitely like to get some more reviews & feedback for iPose, so if you'd like to pick up a promo code, feel free to PM me (and if you can spare the time, a short review in the App Store would be highly appreciated!)

Update: no more codes left, sorry. But hey, the app's only a buck! :)

6. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
  7. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    This is a pretty cool "toy" app. Good graphics and controls. Only thing I'd really recommend is adding more options to customize the guy/girl with. Hairstyles, maybe different clothes besides swimwear, skin color, eye color, etc.

8. mklaurence

Jun 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, those are actually all on my todo list :) Fortunately, most of them are easy enough to implement - just need to bust my chops on the 3D modeling side of things.