Ipod won't sync, turnoff, restore

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by justlegos, Sep 20, 2010.

1. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    #1 justlegos, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    Help! Last night I tried to jailbreak my ipod, it worked, but it can't even connect to the internet, and when I try syncing it with itunes it will start but then will say it could not complete the operation. I tried ressetting it, but when I try to turn it off, the spinning icon freezes, and goes back to the start screen. I hard reset it, it did the same thing. Any help?

UPDATE: After much praying, I decided to hit the erase all settings button, that crashed after about 10 minutes, but it went into recovery mode! Thank you! Now I just gotta hope it restores :p

2. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Lol, I dont think that jailbreaking is the way to go. Here is a classic case of the problems caused by it.

3. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    New show... When Jailbreaks Go Bad.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    By the way, you do know there is no jailbreak for OS 4.1 (yet)? You said you have 4.x so this is a red flag...if you tried an OS 4.0 jailbreak on a 4.1 system...I dont know what to tell you.

Edit, well there is no jailbreak for 4.1 iphones...not sure about ipods or itouches.

5. justlegos

justlegos Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Student/Cart Pusher
    Iowa
    I was using an unofficial jailbreak so yeah, don't use the unofficial ones :p It worked, but with some problems. If you jailbreak from an official jailbreak the chances of a problem are incredibly slim, I'd say about half a percentage if you do everything right. Most of the problems are caused by people jailbreaking it wrong!