iPod TriPod?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by coconutbowling, Nov 16, 2010.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I have a 4th gen iPod and recently been taking a lot of videos. Is there something that could be made as a makeshift tripod? It doesn't have to be pretty, just stay still.

2. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Maybe you can try the space in between the stapler, and also put thin objects like rubber bands in-between to both cushion the iPod and elevate it.
    If you want it high up, you can try a music stand tilted to the side with a bit of support in the direction you want. I don't know if this works, but I just searched my house for objects and used my iPod to test them out xD

3. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Oh I like the stapler rubberband idea. Maybe I can modify this somehow. I'll see what I can do.

4. Joby make Gorillapods for iDevices. Yeah, it's not a DIY solution but it's sturdy and reusable and worth looking into if you take a lot of video or stills.

5. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Looks... Weird but cool. Unfortunately none 4th gen iPod touch yet.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #6 Cilo, Nov 16, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
    Idk about making a DIY tripod but if you are looking into investing in one I highly recommend the Gorillapod. I've been using it for about 1 1/2yrs. now and it's always come in handy. Aside from having it's own iPhone case that attaches to the tripod, it also comes with multiple attachments in case you want to connect your iOS device another way. I can't say enough about the bendable arms either - you can grip this thing anywhere!

[​IMG]
    http://joby.com/gorillamobile/touch/

They do have a touch version.

7. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Lol, that pic is awesome. I was looking for a simple DIY but I'll probably just get this as a Christmas toy.

8. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

Lol at doggy cam!

I made an iPod stand from Meccano, though now it's used as an iPad stand and works better still (very stable)!

[​IMG]

9. danrel

danrel Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Software dealings-with-er, Illustrator
    Central NC
  10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I really don't like that the gorillapod requires use of their case. I already have my iPhone 4 in a case and I presume I'd have to remove it from that case and put it into the gorillapod case. Correct? I wish it held the phone in some other fashion, that supported other cases.