Ipod touch safari add-ons

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by MyDarkDesire, May 16, 2009.

1. MyDarkDesire

MyDarkDesire Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I look looked every were 4 any add-one and can't seem to find any like flash player on iPod would be awesome!!! anyone would help out to point me I'm the wrong direction I'd be greatful

2. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    doesn't exist -Adobe is too lazy.

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Apple and is working with adobe to get a skimmed down version of flash on the iphone.

4. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    Really? I figured apple would never allow it, but hey, some people also thought ipod games would suck and here we are!

5. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    Yea I heard the next iPhone release will have flash, could be wrong though

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    We can only hope flash is part the new update... :D

7. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    What about Bloons, Defend Your Castle and all the other flash games gone iPhone? Will we just be able to play them for free online? That doesn't sound too good for developers.

8. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well, if the developers realised that they were loosing market to internet games, they may have to up the ante and make their games better, which is a good thing. Then those developers who never improve/update their games could die out - survival of the fittest. I'm going a bit crazy here, but that's what I think could happen.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I tried playing a game on the flash-enable Nokia N810 internet tablet. It was a pretty simple one, too. Laggy as hell. And aside from the CPU short-comings, what about input? There may be a virtual keyboard, but no virtual arrows. They'd block part of the screen, anyways.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I hope they never release Flash for the iPhone. Flash by far is the worst thing to happen to web browsing. Sure, it has allowed for some decent browser based games, but it's also spawned more obnoxious advertisements than anyone could have ever imagined. The thought of attempting to browse the web in mobile Safari with flash ads makes me sad.

On my Mac I use the addon ClickToFlash with YouTube white listed. It has made browsing the internet about 100x more enjoyable, and you don't have to feel bad about blocking advertisements since you still see all the non-flash ads.