iPod Touch Exchange

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ItzWei, Dec 17, 2008.

1. ItzWei

ItzWei Active Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Let's say I have a dead pixel on my iPod Touch 1g, and I have an Apple Care Plan thing, and I decide to take it into the Apple store to get it fixed. If they are lazy/nice about it, will they exchange it for a new iPod Touch 2g? Since I don't think they sell the 1g anymore. Or they could just fix it on the spot?
    Thanbks

2. #2 wastedyuthe, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
    This is interesting. I'd say if there was a fault they should exchange it for a new 2g, even with it being a 1g. The issue I am wondering about is if indeed they actually see a dead pixel as a fault.
    When ever I have bought a digital camera, they always say in the manual there may be a few dead pixels. And so the manufacturer gets away with saying they are not technically a fault. Don't know if this is the case for Touch's and iPhones though.

Welcome to the forums btw.

3. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    I guess it depends on the person you get at the store. A dead pixel will most likely get you nothing, as they may claim that is within acceptable guidelines. If you have a bunch then you'll have better luck. They may just do the swap for you as I've heard some tales of no hassle swapping at the apple stores. Good luck!

4. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    You bought the iPod from a store and it came with a dead pixel? Is that right?

5. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    i had a freind who has a 1g ipod. he used windex to clean thedisplay and he broke it good. i dont think he had one of those care plans but he did take it to an apple store anyway and they were nice enough to give him a a refurbished 1g ipod after deauthorizing the broken one. most likely youll get a refurbished 1g i think they have alot of those left

6. ItzWei

ItzWei Active Member

Dec 14, 2008
    is there anything I can do that will warrant a new iPod?
    the care plan seems to do something when it comes to replacement :p

thanks, I just lurk :3