Ipod Touch Casing

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Valaris, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Valaris

Valaris Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Already, maybe I'm really unlucky or just plain clumsy but this is the 4th case for my Ipod Touch (2nd gen) that I break since I got my device last christmas. I've went through 3 plastic one (one of them being an Ifrogz one which people tell me are usually unbreakable) and a rubber one.
    What do you suggest I get next?

2. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Do you take the case on and off repeatedly, or does it just break when you drop it?

Otterbox Defender has been very durable for me as I drop my iPhone a lot. However, it's kinda ugly: http://www.otterbox.com/

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    How'd you break them?
    I have a rubber case and nothing's happened to it

4. Valaris

May 22, 2009
    I don't take it out of the case.

And the rubber one didn't "break", it ripped. Small tear at the top which widened as time went by.

5. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    Soft Rubber is your best option if you're clumsy with your iDevice. Plastic/Poly could break easily if you get a harsh fall. My girlfriend drops/tosses her iPhone frequently off and its still looking good on the inside of the rubber.

6. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    how many times did you drop your ipod with the plastic cases?

7. Valaris

May 22, 2009
    Only once or twice. The third one (the ifrogz one) was never even dropped. What broke was the frame around the volume control, which I understand it's the weakest part of the case, and the round part of the back that locks in to keep it closed.

8. sour

sour Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    School...
    Aurora, Colorado
    I use the incase slider and I think it is amazing! =] I highly recommend it!

9. zman

zman Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Texas
    I personally love my incase slider. It's well constructed and still keeps the ipod thin. I feel like my ipod is protected with it.

10. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I have the Incase Slider for my phone, but it recently literally slipped off the phone in my hand, causing the phone I worked so hard to protect to be scratched when it fell to the asphalt. Not to mention the case adds scratches on its own.

I just bought the Capsule Rebel from Switcheasy.

I would recommend something from Switcheasy since most of their stuff seems quality and are highly rated by iLounge.