iPod Touch 4g NEWS and INFO thread!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by sf49lu, Jul 18, 2010.

1. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    I am surprised that no one has started an ipod touch 4th generation thread yet...

I am very very excited for the upcoming release of the new ipod touch; the anticipation is killing me! So I am making this thread to inform/be informed on the latest news and happenings regarding the new ipod touch 4g.

From what I am hearing, Apple, instead of making the ipod touch less like an iphone (ipod touch 2g and 3g), is making the ipod touch MORE like the iphone (iphone 4), which is very exciting due to the many new features that may find themselves in the new ipod touch.

From what I have read, the new ipod touch will sport TWO cameras, one on the front with VGA resolution, and one on the back, that could range anywhere from 2 to 5 megapixels.

The new ipod touch is also said to have the new A4 processor, just like the iPhone 4

What do you guys think? Are you excited? Please provide feedback and news that you may encounterer. The countdown...BEGINS

LINKS:http://www.redmondpie.com/leaked-ipod-touch-4g-lcd-components-reveals-hole-for-front-facing-camera/
    http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/07/09/new-ipod-touch-4g-lcd-parts-confirm-front-facing-camera/
    http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/u.k.-retailer-claims-ipod-touch-4g-will-have-facetime-more/
    http://www.mobilemag.com/2010/07/15/apple-to-reveal-ipod-touch-4g-with-camera-next-month/
    http://www.mobilitysite.com/2010/07/ipod-touch-4g-two-months-away-to-mirror-iphone-4/

2. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Oh and also, forgot to mention, I REALLY hope there will be a mic on the new ipod touch. Using the mic on the headphones for apps and other things is just too much of a hassle.

3. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Wheres iPad v2?

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    A camera is the only selling point for me. If there's a camera, i'll upgrade. If not, i'm keeping my 2nd gen iPod Touch.

5. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    #5 Mew2468, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    If the 4th generation iPod touch has the same dimensions as the current iPod Touch, it won't contain the 5MP camera that the iPhone 4 has. iFixit showed that it won't fit. It could contain the 3.2MP camera in the iPhone 3GS, though.

It is extremely likely that it will sport the VGA resolution front facing camera that the iPhone 4 has.

6. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I wouldn't mind my iPod being slightly bigger.

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Don't have the need to upgrade from my 3G, even if it has a camera and retina display. I don't wanna have to charge my iPod every 3.5 hours.

8. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I'm getting this for my friend's birthday. They bought a used iPod touch 2nd gen on ebay years ago which is still in decent condition but I think it's almost time for an upgrade with a fresh battery. I could've gotten them an iPhone 4 but the prepaid plan they have now is a much better deal since they're still in college.

9. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    If anything, the ipod's battery life will get longer. The iphone 4 is stated to have more battery life in basically every category than the iphone 3gs. And the iphone 3gs has more battery life than the ipod touch...

Anyway, It will be interesting to see if they change the design of the ipod touch...i think they will; we may even see a similar form factor to the iphone 4...who knows :)

10. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    The reason for my summer job. They usually come out in the fall right?

11. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    yep last year was sept 9 i believe or somewhere round there

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Sweet, only a month and a half away.

13. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Sweet, three days after my birthday!!!!!!!!

14. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    i would not take to much merit in anything you read.. its all rumors.. till its on sale i will not even guess what hardware it will have.

however, if jobs wants to push face to face.. the ipod will come with the needed hardware.

ill be upgrading mine.. new games are needing the faster hardware.

chris.

15. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Yeah, same....

I hope it's able to be jailbroken.... can't live without SBSettings :eek:

16. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    Just keep settings in the multitasking bar

17. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Name more than ten games which need the new hardware. I can barely think of five, and one of them (Xenome) is getting an update for iPod Touch 2nd gen.

18. KGameLover1

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    rofl... were you jailbroken? That's not the beauty of SBSettings... I don't wanna push the Home button twice to get into Settings... :p

19. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    if the new ipod touch does not get a microphone or camera, or if its processor is not the new A4 processor, then i am better off just buying a used iphone 3gs off craigslist. It would have all the specs of the 3rd gen ipod touch but with camera AND microphone.

20. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    Yeah I was, for about a year. Anyways What's the difference your quicklaunching settings either way

The only difference is Free memory, Poof, and the hide battery etc.