iPod Touch 4G Cases?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by medianotzu, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    I used to have a Belkin silicone case for my old iPod touch 2g and I wouldn't exactly recommend it. It had this red pattern on the back with a black background and after a while the corners started to turn red due to wear and tear which is the problem with some silicone cases. Silicone cases also tend to attract lint and aren't very durable.

But then again, hard cases get scratches and don't offer the same drop protection so I guess it's up to your preference.

[​IMG]

2. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Unfortunately it is slim pickings right now for iPod 4G cases.

My real needs with a case though, are protection and comfortable grip for gaming.

3. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #23 dyscode, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    I know your needs, I am in the same boat,
    I once found a perfect case for my PSP. Steelcase you can open like a glasses case and play without taking the PSP out, with plastic window on the front and all side buttons accessable, you can you play music on the go.

I never found something similar ever after.

It would be great to find something similar for my iPod, too!
    but I could not find anything else besides the usual run of the mill fancy stuff.
    photo.JPG

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Hmm....see some recommendations and some are nice cases but the 4G cases have to hold a much thinner Touch then previous cases will allow.
    One reason possibly for them being so sparse is maybe they have to make a whole new mold.:rolleyes:

5. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
  6. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #27 dyscode, Oct 31, 2010
    yeah definitely.
    But this can be topped with the GPS Modulte for the iPod
    http://gpsforipodtouch.blogspot.com/2010/10/compatibility-with-4th-gen-ipod-touch.html

It´s $200 incl GPS and Backup Battery.

PS: if someone finds an aluminium case like this
    http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Apple-iPod-touch-Armor/dp/B000YC5158/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1288534424&sr=8-10
    for the iPod 4, please tell me :)

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Just for kicks I did a search on Amazon for 4g cases and came up with this:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_30?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ipod+touch+4th+generation+case&sprefix=ipod+touch+4th+generation+case

Now if you see, it runs soup to nuts. There are a couple of good cases (I really like the snap backs because they have cut done on battery overheating whereas I find the silicone and rubber ones have not only cut down accessibility to ports but wrapped it so tight the battery got hot - but that might have just been my device) and are in the price range I would expect.

But given the lack of in store cases there are MANY marked down to a dollar or 2! So are those cases THAT BAD? That before they even hit the retail store they get marked down to practically FREE?

Switchback used to make this great hybrid case that had a rubber lining with hard protective supports on the outside that was pretty nice too. The only one they have on their website for the 4g is an adaptation of the silicone one - which is kind of cool since it has that cool home button thing/

@Electric Shaman - I think Speck USED to make a case that had like a clear screen protector - not the stick on kind, but a sheet - for the 2g and 3g that was the closest thing to a non screen protector screen protecting case I had seen. The rest of the case was pretty clunky though if I recall. But even in searching have yet to find anything similar.

8. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #29 Electric_Shaman, Oct 31, 2010
    I'm glad someone else feels my pain. I spent ages looking for a PSP case too, ended up getting a hard clamshell case, it was like a protective bunker. Didn't mind too much cause the PSP isn't exactly pocket sized anyway, imo.
    Yea I haven't been able to find anything either. Will probably just end up getting another slip case, just got to be careful with it as there's no shock protection.

9. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    anyone?

10. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    any cheap case with battery in it? (no need gps)

11. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I ended up getting a Belkin "Grip Graphix:
    [​IMG]

It seems pretty good. But the screen protectors from Belkin were just horrible. I am thinking of just not using a screen protector now, but I'm worried about scratches...

12. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Hey remember....that glass is fairly scratch resistant. I had my own worries but the glass seemed fine when putting on a screen saver a week later. I super cleaned the glass and applied and it looks great.
    Really hard to find the right screen savers imo. (retail wise) I had to go through a few different brands to find the right one. Which ended up actually coming with my new case.:)

13. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Found two companies doing pretty nice looking cases:
    http://foofshop.com/
    http://www.fabrixcases.com/

Only problem is their based in Australia and Singapore respectively, so shipping takes forever (but is pretty reasonably priced actually). Still, they look pretty well made and the foof ones at least provide some shock protection too.

14. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Found my case

Griffin Technology Rugged Case.
    Alot of protection for a good price.

Attached Files: