iPod Touch 4G Cases?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by medianotzu, Oct 30, 2010.

1. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Hey forum. I'm getting a new 64 gig iPod Touch 4 (w00t) soon and I need to figure out what a good case for it would be. Unfortunately a lot of the cases available in the US and around the world aren't available here in South Korea, but perhaps if you guys can direct me to a site with lots of reviews for cases or tell me about a good case, I'll get lucky and be able to find it over here.

Thanks!

2. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    hi, medianotzu,

been looking around myself.

how about ebay? there are a lot of cases coming from Hongkong.
    They should be able to ship to SKorea.

In the meantime I just ended up putting a sticker / gaffa tape on the back of my 4G. Works really well so far for keep the scratches from the back.

3. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I have been waiting ages for good iPT cases to be available in my local store. They have some cheapo rubber ones but the more stylish one on my mums iPhone looks so much better. I am thinking of just going on Ebay and getting it.

4. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    :(

Belkin makes very nice cases.

http://www.belkin.com/ipod/touch/

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Already mentioned to Media on this but thought to post this actual gaming case I've been using in case anyone is interested. Its a very solid feel and doesn't pick up lint when in your pocket and really is a great feel when gaming. Its got little raised bumps on each end to grasp the Touch more firmly and also the outer corners are padded. A tight fit too. I got it at ye ol' Walmart, btw.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/incipio-hive-gaming-case-for-ipod-touch-4g/

6. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Try Speck. I'll be getting the candy-shell

7. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Yeah, this is the one I really want. Maybe I can find it on ebay as dyscode suggested.

We do have Belkin here, one of those might do.

I will look into Speck as well.

Still open to suggestions though!

8. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-dermaSHOT-1337-touch-Black/dp/B002N56C6G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1288461579&sr=1-1

you won't find this on the site. It's not at all as bulky as it looks. It's decent for gaming because it has raised silicone on the left and right sides.

I still use it for my 3gs.

If that's not your taste:
    http://www.amazon.com/iLuv-Game-Grip-touch-Black/dp/B002N0PB86

this one looks like it has raised ridges or whatever on the back.

Still not your taste? get a matte finish plastic snap on then. There's a lot of them.

9. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    I had a case from Riot Outfitters. I wouldn't recommend it. It slipped on great but it didn't have easy access to the speaker buttons or the lock button. There wasn't enough space for the ports too. I had to take the case off whenever I synced my iPod or listened to music on it. Now I'm on a search for a better case myself.

10. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hey, do you guys prefer rubber/silicone or hard cases? Just wondering.

I prefer rubber. If you get the one that isn't a dust magnet they feel so much better, and they don't slide around.

11. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    I prefer hybrid cases. Soft on the inside, hard on the outside. That way I know I'm fully protected.

12. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    The actual Apple store doesn't even have the screen protectors in stock yet! I would really like to feel a case before getting it sight unseen since that is so important - how it feels in your hands. I am not sure why there is a delay in stores carrying them around here. The only one I have seen in a store has been a Belkin rubber case which get stuck in your pocket or collect dust.

You would think when the new product is released the accessories should be easy to find!

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Go for SGP for screen protectors and cases.

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I was surprised to see absolutely nothing in retail in regards to the 4th Gen Touch accessories and this is weeks after they've been stocking the newer devices and even now I still haven't seen an over abundance of cases, etc.
    I had to carry the device around "naked":eek: for almost a week till I found a case and thankfully it came with a super nice screensaver cuz everything I've tried in retail were junk.
    I'm finding many 3G iPhone/Touch accessories on clearance now but nothing to replace them with the new 4G devices.
    At least I found a nice case, that was my immediate priority.:cool:

And yea, I owned a Belkin for 2 years and though it was ok, it did attract some dust. I'd probably would've looked for something comparable but found a nice gaming case (posted earlier on it) that I wouldn't give up for anything now that I've tried it.

15. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    #15 Electric_Shaman, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    So I don't clutter up the board, I'll semi-hijack this thread with my own search for a case. I'm going to be upgrading to a 4gen soon too, and want to make sure it's nice and protected.

The problem is, I couldn't care less about the back of the iPod. I really don't understand why 95% of cases have the back as the focus of their protection. I want a case that will protect the screen. That is the primary function of a case for me, as I hate plastic screen protectors.
    Nothing bulky if possible, and the Ipod doesn't have to live in the case, it can just be a storage and transport vessel.

16. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    are there any transparent (like, completely transparent) silicon cases for the Touch?

17. Electric_Shaman

Electric_Shaman Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    There are, I remember someone posting a link for one a while back, can't remember the name of it now

18. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #18 tsharpfilm, Oct 31, 2010
    I got this case:
    http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=519989

It's nice because, like you said, it keeps the iPod from sliding around on hard surfaces.

19. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #19 Coldar, Oct 31, 2010
    Totally agree. My older Belkin case and newer Incipio being both made of rubber are the only type I'd use to play games with. The Belkin case seemed like it was glued down till you picked it up again, it was that good of a case and very shock absorbing too. It was also one of the cheaper cases to buy at the time.

I'll have to try a silicone case sometime and see if there's much a difference between the two when playing.

20. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    People seem kind of split on the Belkins...but I may go with that just because they're easily accessible to me. Anyone have a specific design type they like?