ipod touch 2g speaker blew out (maybe) is there a fix or any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by foppajoe, Jun 8, 2009.

1. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    MY ipod touch 2g speakers started making a weird distorted sound when ever i do anything (music, apps, video). The headphones work fine. Anyone else have this issue?

I was wondering if there is anything that would fix it or if anyone knows of any really really really really small speakers that would work well like it is built in?

thanks a bunch guys

2. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    are you jailbroken cause theres a cydia app that raises the volume limit and that could have blown the speakers

di you drop it in a toilet did you drop it on somthing hard

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Playing music to loud blows the speakers.
    Try calling Apple or going to a Apple store and see what they say or if they will fix it...

4. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
  5. florbastang

florbastang Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Just call Apple or take it to an Apple Retail Store. They'll replace the Touch for free, if it's still under warranty, which it almost definitely should be.

As a side note, my girlfriends 1st Gen iPhone was doing this today once in a while. It would make a really farty, distorted sound while playing Oregon Trail.

6. foppajoe

Feb 19, 2009
    #6 foppajoe, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
    beware of app

I think it is because of this app: pitch rocket which is like a mosquito ringtone thing. annoying as hell. It is the only thing that is working for the speakers. so beware of pitch rocket everybody.

7. Maatt

Maatt New Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Hello, I had the same problem so I asked my mate and he said turn it off and on again, and then just blow the speaker really hard.