iPod Touch 2G Battery Life

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by EB1089, Jul 25, 2009.

1. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Greetings all. For those of you who use your iPod Touch 1G and/or 2G for gaming, how does the device do on battery life off the charger? Searched around the Internet on the subject but haven't found anything recent (mostly stuff from early 2008). Does it get hot after playing games for awhile? Just doing some research on the unit...any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :D

2. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    The battery life does pretty well on my 2g. But it's hard not to bring a charger everywhere you go. It does get pretty hot and it starts losing more battery power when I play games like Real Racing.

3. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Mine gets warm if I play like 1 hour straight, but it's not hot enough to not touch.

4. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Mine doesn't get hot. Battery life varies a lot, depending on what features you have enabled and the apps you play. But I would really hold off on buying one until September.

5. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    The unit gets warm when you play graphically intensive games like Galaxy of Fire or Real Racing. Battery lasts about 2-3 hours before it goes into the red zone when I game. I reckon it might be 3 hours max on games that have a lot going on, real time action games tend to be fast battery drainers.

6. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    apps tend to drain the battery. mine goes down pretty fast if i have wifi on and play some games. when i reboot my ipod, the battery is significantly lower, but eventually, it goes back up. once, my ipod went from 25 percent to 55 within 10 minutes...

7. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah it really just depends on what you play. Games that run graphically intense games tend to make the system a little warm, but not really much warmer than my hands would make it from holding it. If you play games that run accelerometer stuff, I've noticed battery life is a little lower. But I do carry my cord everywhere I go, and there is usually a powered USB drive SOMEwhere lol.

8. bc142

bc142 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    when mine on the charger it never loses battery life, it acually gains it. can you beleive that? lol im just messing with ya, anyways the batter life is pretty good if you can keep the brightness low, mines probally gotten hot but if you have a case you cant feel it

9. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    My friend and I both have 2g iPTs, we were both playing games on ours when we went out together. When my friend's battery ran out mine was at 61%. And we both started the day with fully charged batteries.