iPod needs to be restored after update

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gunblade1190, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Gunblade1190

Gunblade1190 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    I'm sure there exists another topic of this sort, but I just updated to 4.1 on an ipod touch 3rd gen not j/b and everything was working fine. I updated like three apps and then opened up Super Quickhook to check out Openfeint because my friend added me on there earlier. It didn't seem to be working so I exited, reset the wifi, and then tried again but it wasn't connecting to Openfeint (tried again with the OF app too).

So I restarted my ipod as it was still connected to the computer through the usb cable. After that, my ipod came back up in recovery mode. itunes is telling me to restore to factory settings and delete everything. Of course I'm a little wary of this...

Is there anyway to restore my ipod as it was before from a back up? Or does it do it automatically through the restore that itunes is asking me to do?

I have a lot of save files on here and I like the way my apps are arranged and I have a few pics I don't want to lose :( help?

2. Gunblade1190

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    Sorry about bumping so soon, but I've never had to do a restore and I'm a tad worried. itunes did back up my ipod before it updated if that helps at all.

Should I just restore it? Is there any way to restart it from the backup I did before I updated?

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    I would restore to the file it saved before the update. It usually has everything intact and has for me when I have had to restore. Then try a new update - maybe there was something in the update that got messed up - just make sure to back up first again!

4. Gunblade1190

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    Aw... I restored it and then updated it to my previous back up that itunes did and my pics are still here but... All my apps are gone (about 22gbs worth), all of my folders, all of my videos and music are gone. Sigh... I know I can download them all again for free, but all of the folders and my organization >.<

5. acrotran

acrotran Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    All of your apps should already be on your PC or Mac, so you should be able to put them back on your iPod by doing a sync (I think. I mean I haven't done it yet myself, but that's how it should work).

6. Gunblade1190

Aug 1, 2010
    NJ
    Yeah but... but... all of my save data's gone ;_;