Ipod Games Save Data Backup?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sf49lu, Aug 3, 2009.

1. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Lol sorry about the title of the thread...I didn't know how else to put it. So here's the situation...I sold my ipod touch and I am about to get another one (don't ask). I had a bunch of games with game saves and saved data...and I noticed that whenever I pluged my ipod in, it would backup before syncing. Does this mean that if I get a new ipod, all my game saves will already be backed up so I don't have to start from the beginning in all my games? I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but hopefully it isn't and my game saves are still going to be present after I sync. Please let me know from your own personal experience/knowledge. Thank you.

2. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    You restore it from the backup, as long as you never cancelled them.

Yeah, it keeps the saves.

3. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  4. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Thanks Bat that is a Huge relief :D

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I had my iPhone crash and burn... had to do a low level, and everything was wiped...

Did a restore, and a lot of the games had everything there - levels completed, etc. Others did not... Not sure how all the data is saved, but some of your games will likely still have everything saved.

6. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Bringing back the old topic...I just got another ipod touch today. When I restore it from backup, Do i just have to click on restore, or do I need to do something special, like hold the shift key? Thanks

7. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Right click the Ipod tab to the left and there should be a option to restore from backup.

8. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    O i would have never thought of that. Thanks man

9. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    So im trying to restore, but it says it couldn't be restored because an unknown error occured? Wtf?

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Just a guess, but maybe you have to be on the same OS version as when you created the backup... are you?

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think that you need to make sure the OS and everything is good, make sure that the iTouch is working up to speed, then do the restore.

As I was doing the low level, I was asked at some point if I wanted to restore just clicked the yes, and everything was good..

12. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    hmm ya I decided just to start fresh as nothing was working and I have been spending a couple hours trying to figure this out. But thanks for all the help. Also, maybe switching from an ipod touch 32 gb to an ipod touch 8 gb had something to do with it? And yes it was running the same firmware