iPod doing weird stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Drenguin, May 25, 2010.

1. Drenguin

Drenguin Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    My iPod is randomly asking me for my iTunes password and it just started playing sounds at random times. I haven't jailbreaked or anything like that. Is anyone else having this problem?!?

2. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World

Tell me, would your ipod contain an mp4 of the movie Poltergeist by any chance?

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    notifications and unfinished iTunes downloads?

4. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Go to Settings > Notifications and you might find that one of your notifications has 'Sounds' on without anything else. Also, you have to type in your iTunes password every once in a while when you're downloading something.

5. Drenguin

Drenguin Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I had turned off notifications and had made sure that there are no downloading apps, it still did the same thing

6. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Hit it. If it works for my computer, it'll work for your iPod.

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Have you spent any time recently with your iPod? Perhaps gone out to see a movie, or played a game of catch? Have you gotten him an iTunes gift card, maybe? The "symptoms" you've been experience are probably an emotional disconnection. It happens with many people. They come home from work and are too tired to pay attention to their iPods, and before you know it, they're out drinking with Zunes and Samsungs while you're at work. Maybe he's hiding crack in his USB dock. And buddy, you have no one to blame but yourself. I recommend you sit down, and have a heart to heart DFU before the damage is irreparable and his memory is corrupted.

8. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    My iPod was also f'd up, so I just went to the Apple store and got a replacement. You should do the same.

9. Akhilpo

Akhilpo Well-Known Member

i am too going to get a replacement for my ipod as it has current to its back metal case while charging. BTW the ipod that i am going to get will be a brand new one or a refurbished one?

10. Mine asks me for my itunes password every time I connect to the store but doesn't really do much else.

11. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Mine asks me for my iTunes password anytime I open up iTunes or the Appstore as well. Nothing is unfinished or anything like that. I havn't restored my iPod in forever though, as I am Jailbroken and way to lazy to deal with all that I have done again.

It too was making random noises from Boxcar even though I wasn't getting any Tweets as well. I just deleted it though cause it was doing it frequently, no matter if I shut off the sounds in settings or not. It kind of irgnored me. lol

12. Strange. Perhaps an Itunes glitch?

13. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah i am really not sure what happened. I think it glitched out though. If I recall correctly it started doing it after I dl'ed Song Summoner a long time ago. It didn't download correctly and I had to re-downloaded it and ever since every time I get into iTunes or the Appstore on my iPod it asks for the pass. Really annoying. lol