iPad iPirate Battle for iPhone and iPod Touch out now

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by enora, Sep 25, 2010.

1. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    #1 enora, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    Pirate battle is the latest iPhone game from Enora software. In the game you are a pirate, desperately trying to escape your pursuers. How long can you stand against the growing hordes of attackers? If you are good, you will come out on top at Pirate Battles online scoreboard.

YouTube video off iPirate Battle
    iTunes link to iPirate Battle
    homepage to iPirate Battle

2. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    We have just lowered the price to 0.99$ :)

It would really help if you would make a review in the app store.

3. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    here's what i left on itunes: (3/5)
    =====
    Has potential and atmosphere, but needs a few tweaks.

Player's cannonballs need to travel much faster, as is they're like molasses. One hit and you're dead, on 'easy'.

Would be nice to see this fleshed out, with ship/weapon upgrades (better armor/more hp, faster cannons, more cannons, different ammo/etc) and levels and/or a story/campaign.

please turn this into a full game.
    =====

4. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I just saw your review last night, in Denmark it's morning now :), and i was very happy that you liked the game. And thanks for your constructive criticism of the game, that really help us see where we should focus.

I can tell you that version 1.1 is on its way and fixes the one hit and you're dead on easy problem.

Is there any way to see and answer the reviews in the app store. Because last night i really wanted to write to you?

5. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    good to hear :) the only way to answer a feedback is directly within the game description that's posted, at least that how i see other developers doing it. you can't contact any poster directly.

are you planning on speeding up the cannonballs from the main pirate ship?

6. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Ok, i also added a update section to the text after seeing your comment. And i think we will be doing that with future updates so everybody can see what's comming.

Right now the first update is only fixing problems. But we're actually going to test a faster version of the cannonballs to see if it's gonna make it better, so thanks for pointing that out :)

But we're also looking into other improments of the game so what's in the next release we actually don't know as of now.

Best Regards
    Thomas

7. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    #7 araczynski, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010

as for improvements, i suggest making some/all of the enemy ships leave behind treasure of various types that have to be clicked on to be picked up (otherwise will sink), this can be converted to cash automatically that would then be useable for upgrades (weapons/ship/cannons/etc) , everyone loves seeing progression and especially upgrades ;)

now that i think about it, there could be two classes of treasure, one that gets converted to cash for upgrades, and one that get converted to repair materials, so some of the wreckage could be wood, or masts, or sheets, rivets/etc, worth different amounts or 'repair materials'.

oh yeah, and make it a universal build ;)

dangit, i gotta get me an intel mac so i can start working on my games ;)

8. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I think you're on to something :), and it would make the game even more challenging then today. We allready got several powerups, and we are talking about adding more.

I tried it on my iPad last night, and it was actually very cool on the big screen, but ofcause a native app would improve it. :D

hehe it is really fun to make you're own game so go for it :)

9. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    So Retina display enhanced or no?

10. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    i don't think so at the moment.

11. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    No not right now. But we've tried on both iPad and iPhone 4 and it still looks great. But it is something we are looking into.

12. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
  13. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    the text over the pictures helps for sure.

although quite honestly, unless something is messed up on my installation, there's nothing 'fast paced' about the experience.

i just counted 8 seconds between me firing a cannon, and the cannonball going to the edge of the screen (bottom to top). also the enemy cannonballs are noticeably faster than mine.

something isn't quite right. haven't tried it on the ipod touch yet though, will do so tonight to see if it behaves differently.

14. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    In upper left corner you can see how much powder you have put into the cannon. So press down longer on a cannon before you swipe to shoot and it will be faster.

15. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    holy moly! talk about not reading instructions!

that makes a big difference :) thanks. hopefully after the one hit death fix it'll feel much better overall :)

i would still like the shells to fly faster, maybe 50% faster than current.

16. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Ahh cool, i where for a moment very worried that we had some major error in the game. :eek:

We are testing a faster version of the cannonballs right now, but it will take a while because then the enemies might be to slow and so on, so we are testing it very much :)

17. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Have just seen that Apple right now has iPirate Battle version 1.1 in review. So hopefully later today a new version is out :)

18. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I've been working on a version with faster cannonballs, and it work great, so the next version of iPirate Battle will have that :)

I have also been working on better screens in itunes store to better show off the game, so check out iPirate Battle now, and let me know what you think.

Best regards
    Thomas
    Www.enora.dk

19. enora

enora Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Version 1.1 is out now, and everything is working fine :)

20. araczynski

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    thanks, just tried it out, definitely much nicer now :) first game session lasted minutes, instead of merely seconds :)

still would like the shots to be even faster though. but did have fun doing the 3 finger loading/firing at once though :)

thanks for updating, looking forward to future updates.