iPad iPhyzzle

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by djflippy, May 1, 2009.

1. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #1 djflippy, May 1, 2009
    Last edited: May 1, 2009
    "Are you bored a normal puzzle?
    Are you looking for new puzzle game?
    Here comes a Game that named "iPhyzzle"

iPhyzzle is the Game what combines physics and puzzle exquisitely.
    You can feel good when you put balls together and destroy them.
    You can feel delicate control and a physical move of balls when you shoot the ball.
    You can experience tingle through raising a chain reaction and expecting a physical move.
    You will have a lot of fun at this game.

#### Features:
    - A profound game of compounding multiple symbols and balls
    - Movement of the ball with reality
    - Various control using physics - parabola shooting, bounce shooting
    - A multiple move and chain reaction of balls by gravity
    - 28 stages of adventure mode
    - 16 stages of challenge mode
    - Topscore report system
    - Statistics report system
    - 4 sorts of animated beautiful backgrounds
    - 8 sorts of highly amusing background music

You can feel free to play whenever, wherever. let it buy right now!!"

[app]iPhyzzle[/app]

Attached Files:

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    There is a lite version to try. Quite fun and addicting, like that puzzle-bubble game.

3. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    You had me at;

4. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Yeah the description does seem like a babelfish direct translation from another language. :)

It's a good and rather interesting variant of the typical match-3 game. You don't always shoot the balls upwards, sometimes the targetboard is on the left or right side of the screen too. Gravity weights them down but when the balls join up they can hold each other up in a goo structure sort of way. (Wasn't there a game something like that for consoles...?) You want them that way when you have many balls and still haven't made a match and you are trying to effectively pack them in the red square until a match comes along. Hard to explain.

You have a life bar at the bottom of the screen which shortens everytime the balls overfill the red boxed area. The balls themselves are interesting, some of them have two symbols in them so they are good for making long chains spanning multiple symbols types and scoring bonus points for combos.

Lite version is a must-try at least.

5. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    This does look interesting. ;)

6. Wow looks are deceiving I didn't like this one at all.
    Especially for $5 craziness. Here is demo

7. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I bit, and yeah, $5 may be a bit much for this but it's pretty fun so far. It's Snood with some real physics (sometimes making a match is dangerous as it will destroy a bond that is keeping several balls from NOT hanging outside of the finite little playing field). Being able to even set the power of your shots adds in an almost pool aspect as well. I like it so far but further play will be required to see if it has legs or is really just a one trick pony.

8. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    And now it's only $2.99 (it was $4.99).

Downloading... :)

9. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #9 HJJ, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
    I'm going to try the lite version. It has two reviews so far. A 5 star in English... And a long 1 star review in an Asian language (I think). I wonder what it says...

ETA: Oh, weird. The full version reviews are suspicious. A few of them seem to be written by the same person. Or else, coincidentally, all of the early adopters are not native English speakers. I hope it's the latter. I just hate shill reviews. Big pet peeve, I guess.

10. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  11. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    ASAP I'll write my first impressions here.

Anyway, I liked the lite.

12. LordGek

LordGek Moderator

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It would go on sale a day after I bought it!

I like it, the physics are definitely a neat spin on Snood like gameplay although, unlike Snood and Bubble Bobble, dropping unsupported pieces is usually a very bad thing in this game.

While the Challenge Mode is cool enough (stuck in one stage trying to earn a high score), I found the Adventure Stage (the one you need to play to unlock the Challenge Modes stages) kind of weak. My problem might just be theoretical but it can be summed up like this, since there is no time factor in the Adventure Mode, nor any penalty to just tossing away a piece (having a piece fall off the field gives you a life penalty but if you simply fire it off into space, never entering the field, there doesn't seem to be a penalty), it appears pretty obvious to me you could just milk any given stage endlessly for points before you complete it.

Also, why I can't vow on any reviews legitimacy, the developer does have a clearly Asian name and from my brief correspondence with him, I don't believe he is a native English speaker.

13. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    I agree with you.

However, it seems that Adventure mode was made to be easy since it is aimed for beginners (source: in-game How To Play).

Anyway, we have to play the easy mode to unlock stages in Challenge mode and this approach may annoy the average players.

Nonetheless, the game is polished: graphics, animations, music, subtle sounds and interface. "Stats" are a nice addition.

In resume, if you like the Lite version you'll enjoy the full one because the Lite provides a nice gameplay experience.

14. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Actually, knowing there is an untimed mode may get me to buy it. I don't like games with a lot of time pressure.

15. mek

mek Well-Known Member

this just seems wrong...I dont know -lol-

so how fun is this game?

Amen, Brotha, Amen....I hate timed games...hate them

16. LordGek

LordGek Moderator

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I hear you guys, timers are, IMHO, one of the weaker gimmicks to create tension in a puzzle game. To me, worse than mere timed stuff, are puzzlers that, like Tetris, make the pieces fire/drop quicker and quicker over levels. All too often you'll get into situations where the controls themselves get in the way and can't keep up with the speed of the pieces (like they're dropping so quickly that the game won't even accurately respond to your rapid fired controls). I love intense random puzzlers but, I agree, I like it best when the difficulty ramps up via stricter requirements and, perhaps, limited moves.

With that in mind have either of you ever tried out iBrillity? Here is an AppShopper link to the lite version:
    http://appshopper.com/games/ibrillity-lite

Absolutely no time pressure with an interesting variety of powerups and obstacles. In each level you are only allowed 10 "misses" (moves that don't score a matched set of hexes) so a lot of the strategy comes by way of trying to use these no scoring moves as efficiently as possible to setup some big cascades of matched sets. Since there is no timer the game ups the difficulty by requiring bigger groupings of the like colored hexagons to clear a set (initially it's only 4, but it slowly inches it's way up to 8 eventually). How the pieces are swapped/moved is very unique (the whole row connecting the two end points you choose is flipped...you just need to see it to fully get it).

The only downside is a minor but annoying nit pick I hope they eventually patch. Each time you start a new game, it seems to forget your music/sound settings and you always need to spell out your name for the score board (no option to simply hit enter to have it use the last name you gave it). If, on the other hand, you were simply to leave in the middle of a game, it saves your place perfectly, even your sound settings.

17. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Mek and Gek? What the heck? :p

Thanks for the tip, LG, I might check that out. The recent releases of Puzzle Kingdoms and Dark Spire have drawn me away from playing my iPhone much in the last couple of weeks.

18. LordGek

LordGek Moderator

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I know of Dark Spire but what is this Puzzle Kingdoms?

19. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Puzzle Kingdoms is a new game in the Puzzle Quest franchise. It takes place in the Warlords setting like the original PQ but the mechanics of it are a bit different. Instead of swapping tiles ala Bejeweled you slide entire rows/columns. Also, you assemble an army by recruiting different types of units. When in a fight, you have to collect mana for the units to be able to attack, but unlike spells in PQ, they can be killed before you get a chance to use them and you can do combo attacks for extra damage. I've heard it gets too easy, which isn't a surprise for this series, but it's a decent little twist if you loved the original.

20. LordGek

LordGek Moderator

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So what platform do you play it on? I guess the PC version is already out and the Wii and DS version might be out today, right?