iPhone2,1 (codename for new iPhone) opinions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, May 13, 2009.

?

Will you buy the new iPhone2,1?

1. Yes. First day!

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Yes, eventually/when contract runs out

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. No, I love my 3G/original iPhone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, the features aren't enough to constitute a new purchase

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I don't want to pay for data

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No, love my iPod touch!

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. No, I'm on [insert alt carrier here] and AT&T sucks!

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  8. No, I'm a douche and think Apple sucks! What am I doing here?

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  9. Umm. :)

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    iPod Touch, brilliance :rolleyes:

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Guinness!

3. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I am a douche I guess...

But if I voted for real I would have vote I love my touch. Wish I could get an iphone but will likely stay with crappy sprint since I am lazy.

4. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    #24 randomdude, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
    I wonder what Apple could do with Tegra and I voted for upgrading my iPhone 2G to a iPhone(4G or however people call it) when the contracts end which is June 29.

THANK YOU Zincous. Didnt knew how to put vids here. Thanks again

5. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    #25 nooobynick, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
    I'm Verizon..., I would get the iphone lite when it comes out, since its rumored to be for Verizon, but my parents are being too douchey to pay for a data plan, even if I pay for the phone and to cancel my contract(if it comes out this year, not next, contract runs out this December)

6. treehuggerflem

treehuggerflem Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    wow that UI is awesome. at least it looks that way. that would be awesome for the iphone or ipod touch

7. brewstermax

Not really. That looks nice, but is it practical? No. You'd have 30 minutes of battery life, and that is just stupid. I couldn't do that. The beauty of the iPhone is its simplicity.

8. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    That UI could easily be mimicked through a jailbroken app.

9. brewstermax

Nobody said it was proof. No one even said it was real. It could very well be fake, but the guesses are very moderate. We know that they have 32GB chips. We know that they can put 256 MB of DRAM into it. We know that all of those things are possible. Except the FM radio. These are very moderate, and very likely. Sure, if you were that desperate, you could put something together to mimic that. But why? It's all possible, and China is leak-city.

10. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #30 Benegesserit, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
    I think you misunderstood what I said. I wasn't responding to the leak post. Someone said they would like to see this (see the youtube video by Randomdude above) on the iPhone. I'm saying it's already possible to do this. As far as the OP: The leak is likely considering that the upgrades are minimal (which screams Apple).

11. Coachflaps

Coachflaps Active Member

May 6, 2009
    USAF
    FL
    I camped out last year for the 3G. I'm not camping out this year but I still intend to get one on the first day. The store I went to had a ton of them in stock. The only model that sold out was the 16GB and that wasn't until around noon.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm in the same boat here. I camped out for the first iPhone, which was a lot of fun and I'm glad I did with how fast they sold out. When I camped out for the 3G, they had iPhones stacked from floor to ceiling and didn't run out of the 16GB models until hours after the entire line had disappeared that evening. Also, they got an instant (and massive) restocking the next day.

With the 3G my group of friends arrived at the Apple store at about 11 PM the night before and didn't leave with our phones until around noon the next day. The day after that, I was able to just ride up to the Apple Store with an iPhone newbie friend of mine and watched him get an iPhone with no waiting. We were in and out inside of about 15 minutes.

I'm always so conflicted when it comes to camping for things. I have nerdy friends who will almost always come with, and it's usually a really good time... But still, it's annoying to spend all night outside waiting in line for something anyone can just walk in off the street and buy the next day.

13. brewstermax

But camping is all the fun. I'm not taking anyone, but meh. I may find a fellow idiot to camp with me. :) I love doing these things.

14. brewstermax

Ohh, I see now. Sorry. Yea, you could possibly do that with jailbreak. I don't think Winterboard can handle it right now though. The leak is not "minimal" upgrades. I like them. I'm mainly ready for curved anodized aluminum. :)

15. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    That would be awesome but my original post was to ask people what they think that Apple will be able to do not that if it's practical or not. I could see people wanting simplicity but you have to admit that the UI is making the iPhone/iPod Touch UI looks plain. Seriously people look at it and daydream about it not to see if it's practical!!!!

16. brewstermax

It also looks horrible. Hard to use, stupid in point, and a battery killer. I prefer a (slightly themed) normal springboard.

17. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    I just asked people to day dream about it and to see what Apple could do with Tegra not copy or use the UI

18. brewstermax

I see Tegra as possible. I don't really want it though. iPods and iPhones are not made for gaming, and never should be.

19. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I will be very surprised if they don't use the Tegra.

20. brewstermax

Most likely. Maybe live GPU switching, for battery life. That's my main concern. I really don't care about games on it, I won't do ANY of that. I just want a long battery, and something to check my email constantly, plus the whole MIE.